2020 All Ireland Minor Football Championship

Are Meath now favorites to win Leinster? Can Cork go back to back? Do Kerry get their Minor Football title back? It could be an unpredictable next few months for this competition.

A few of the games are available on TG4 Youtube this weekend.

A lot of one-sided affairs in the Leinster Quarterfinals.

The Meath-Westmeath game was supposed to be streamed live but TG4 had some technical difficulties. It should be available to watch back later. After wins over Dublin and Westmeath you would have to put them as favorites this point for Leinster.

The only somewhat close game.

Tipperary play Clare later on. The winner has a good chance to make a Munster Final with facing Limerick or Waterford as Cork/Kerry are on the other side and playing in a semifinal midweek.

I presume the Sunday Game will be doing special feature tonight on the hammering that Carlow, Louth and WM minors took yesterday and how this shows the social fabric of the GAA is being destroyed by inequity and lack of fairness…? Not on your life they won’t. The only hammerings that cause concern are the ones Dublin hand out!

5 Likes

Very impressed yesterday with Clare. Was expecting a close game but the Banner Minor Footballers were just at another level running out 1-24 - 1-4 winners against Tipperary.

Cillian McGroary (0-5), Diarmuid Fahy (1-5 1f), and Dara Nagle (0-3) combined for 1-14 from play. Brian McNamara with some delightful fetches in midfield and a couple points too boot. Fionn Kelleher mopped up loose ball in the back and Josh Guyler and Mark O’Loughlin were good options from the back 6 to surge forward at points.

I expect them to beat Limerick in the midweek. Not sure if they’ll be able to match whoever wins the Cork/Kerry game in the Munster Final but 1-20 from play in 60+ minutes is a serious return against any opponent no doubt.’

@rebelsforliam Is there anybody in particular to look out for for this crop of Cork Minor Footballers.

The game will be on TG4 youtube in the midweek.

Cork v Kerry tonight in a Munster Minor Football Semifinal.

Teams

Youtube

Kerry’s Munster minor final winning streak is on the line. Down 9-6 at home to Cork. The rebels have been by far the better team. Eoghan Nash has been the best midfielder on the pitch by a mile and some great long range points from the likes of Hugh O’Connor, Colin Walsh, and and Sean Brady. Colin Walsh at times has played as a target man and it’s given Kerry plenty of problems. A goal chance right before half time was touched over for a point by Walsh. On the other end Callum Dungan made a big save on William Shine early on in the half.

The @Ohm jinx will strike again now. He couldn’t leave it. Kerry to win.

Cracking game

Dramtic equalizing point from Aaron Sheehy sends the game to extra time after Kerry got 5 on the hop and put on a full press in the last ten plus minutes. :fire:

Cork 1-12 Kerry 0-15

The goal Cork scores was brilliantly worked and finished by Conor Hanlon. Could go either way now.

Both teams still haven’t come back on field for extra time ,WTF going???

Think you need to refresh your link. Game now5 mins into 2nd half of ET. Kerry up by 2.

Yeah :blush::joy::blush::blush:

1 Like

@Ohm strikes again…

Kerry got some cheap frees in that second et period but it did seem Cork were out on their feet after 60 minutes.

As expected Clare blitzed Limerick in the other semi to set up a final between the Banner and the Kingdom.

While I’m not sure they will beat Kerry I expect them to give them a good test. Some recently decent footballers in from what I saw against Tipperary. Final is set for December 22nd.

Connacht and Leinster semis on the weekend.

Bit late to the game but shamefully I didn’t know much about the minor team this year. Caught 25 minutes of the 1st half and they were decent enough so I was disappointed to see that they didn’t see it out. I was very impressed by Colin Walsh at 11 but was often at 14. I know there’s a couple of dual lads there and that the centre back Walsh is Aidan Walsh’s brother.

1 Like

There will be no repeat for Kildare as Minor Leinster champions as The Lillwhites were defeated by Offaly 2-10 - 2-7. Meath won the other match more comfortably 2-10 - 1-7.