2022 Leinster Senior Football Championship

Starts today with 3 first round matches.

I’ll be keeping a close follow on Offaly v Wexford.

2 Likes

Offaly slightly on top after 20 minutes.

Louth in control at halftime in Navan with goals from Conor Grimes and Ciaran Byrne.

Meanwhile lead by just one against Wexford having not taking their goal chances

Looks like we are on the road to Wexford again next week. Wexford 4 up

Wexford and Wicklow winning

Not good for Offaly or Laois

:open_mouth:

Louth run out 15 point winners over Carlow. Tommy Durnin and two from Sam Mulroy the 2nd half goals for the Wee County.

1 Like

Kildare will have it all to do against Louth. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Louth win.

1 Like

All over and Wexford progresses to face and host Dublin in Wexford Park for the 2nd straight year. Offaly head to the Tailteann Cup.

Great day for the eastern seaboard in Leinster. Wretched day for the midlanders

Laois are at a new low

Sky said last night, that they will be showing it for those who aren’t travelling to Wexford

2 Likes

Crazy game! Great result for Wicklow.

I would love to see RTE give extended highlights of this rather than the 2-3 minute wrap up they tend to do. They have done that for some Leinster first round games before. (ex: Offaly v Louth last year.)

Jesus Offaly and Laois football must be in a bad way. Maughan and O’Se not doing it for the love of the game. Well feck Offaly had booked Tullamore for Saturday night in anticipation they would win.

1 Like

Offaly are missing a few forwards this season which doesn’t help. Plenty are not happy with John Maughan after today’s result.

He ain’t called Bungalow Bill for nothing. Had a few dealings with him. An unpleasant guy with an inflated view of himself.

2 Likes

Westmeath beat Longford 3-13 to 0-14. John Heslin, Ronan O’Toole and Robbie Forde all raising green flags.

Kildare giving Louth a good beating

Kildare justifying the favourites tag for Leinster

Draw on the Sunday Game tonight

Hope we get Westmeath as that will give us a chance of making the final.

Was in Tralee this week and saw them repainting the open top bus and changing the tyres.

3 Likes

I would like to get Kildare,reckon motivation would not be a problem after their celebrations in the league

1 Like