2022 NFL, Rd 3, Dublin vs Mayo, Saturday Feb 19th, Croke Park, 7.30pm, RTE 2

1 Like

When do tickets go on sale in SuperValu Centra .

Matthew Ruane, Kevin McLoughlin, Enda Hession and Oisín Mullin will be all available for selection for Mayo in this game.

1 Like

Do we show up? Sure we’re only whipping boys…

A tasty game this Saturday evening. Hoping to take a spin up the road to it.

1 Like

" A tasty game " indeed. A kinda must win for both. Mayo will want to prove that the result last July was no fluke and that they have finally got the dublin monkey off their backs. For Dublin, no point in explaining the obvious.

Must win for Dublin here, in danger if we dont, hopefully a couple of extra bodies to return.

Lane reffing again. Ffs …

3 Likes

Did such a sterling job in Tralee

2 Likes

Only messing. It’s one of our own.

You can get the whiff of excitement coming out of Mayo even from here. Even Mayoman is thinking of coming up to see his boys hammer another nail in the Dublin coffin, having started the job. Div 2 beckons for the Jackeens. The country is in glorious tumult as ignominy awaits the City slickers. I’ll be going along with my mask over my eyes. If we can keep it to single figures it will be mighty.

1 Like

The only must win games for the Dublin Footballers are in July. Seems fairly obvious the league is being used as an extended OBC against better opposition

While i agree, but also disagree, Very important to stay in division 1, and even more important new players are blooded in div 1 against the best.

2 Likes

Pat O’Neil, Gilroy and Gavin all took the league seriously. Heffo took it seriously in the 70’s making 4 league finals in a row.

Then there’s the other managers - Carr, Lyons, Pillar and Mickey Whelan.

I’d prefer if Dessie took it seriously.

Gilroy and O’Neil were able to substantially rebuild and still win the league or at least finish high up in it.

Incidentally, I haven’t forgotten the other managers, mcCaul and Cullen. They don’t fit into either group above because they took the league very seriously but didn’t win Sam. However, they produced seriously competitive teams that were only beaten in the championship by the best in the land.

So if history teaches Dublin managers one thing about the league…

8 Likes

Nothing

1 Like

Not sure it is that obvious, in general we are fielding near enough to the strongest team we have available, the lads that are not there are injured

1 Like

Is it that damaging to get relegated to div 2 if it’s only for one year? Dublin won’t get relegated but if they did I’d nearly fear ye more come championship because the obituaries would be in full swing. I don’t think Colm O Rourke would be able to contain himself :wink:

Anyway Dublin to beat Mayo this weekend. Wait and see.

1 Like

Finding new players is nice and all but we do need to stop the bleeding this weekend or every fool will think they can beat us.

1 Like

Colm is all right.

Apparently not reffing this weekend, make of that what you will.

1 Like