500 Greatest Albums of All Time

This should start a few rows …

1 Like

Astral Weeks at 60 while utter non entities like Kanye West, Lauryn Hill and the Notorious BIG are in the top 50?

Joke of a magazine and has been for years. Trying to be achingly hip and failing miserably

2 Likes

Non entities according to who? :joy: you know you’re not the centre of the universe right Alan? Those 3 artists had a massive influence on millions and millions of Americans and others throughout the world, but Alan from Dublin thinks they’re non entities? Gas.

Astral Weeks? He only had the one album didn’t he?

I gave up when I saw Arcade fire at 500 and Shakira, Boyz 2 men and Harry Styles were ahead . RS is a shite magazine and has been for its existence. Alan is right about that imo of course.

2 Likes

Yeah but they’re shite.

The Wall.

It’s just a dreadful list. Most new music barely qualifies as such. Are there any actual musicians in some of these records. Tries to cover every base, which is just ridiculous.

2 Likes

Change this to the NME list and we can have a discussion.
The Tower Records Staff Top 70(I kid you not) Irish albums is the opposite end of the spectrum…

Rolling Stone voted U2’s songs of innocence as the best album of the year in 2014 so I wouldn’t get too bent out of shape.

2 Likes

Where in the chart is Now That’s What I Call Music 253.2!?

Just behind Music Explosion by K-Tel

My uncle used to say the same about the beatles and the stones :rofl:

Any Richie Kavanagh albums make the list?

1 Like

And my brother’s back at home with his Beatles and his Stones
We never got it off on that revolution stuff

Ho-hay?

Totally US based list. Whats the point?