Adult Football League 1 (AFL1) 2016

Wow. Having a go at Vincents, “all the rest” and the “bums”.

Some going. That’s pretty much everyone playing senior football you’ve got there.

We’re all rejoicing in the beautiful game. Just waiting for a sunny day

Who’s coaching Lucan this season?

Judes difficult to break down. Big strong all over. Without Maxi they lack a top quality forward.

So if you get a run on them like Lucan did they are beatable. Good 2 points for Lucan.

Who was the Maurs man taking the photographs at the game?

They were missing their Dublin contingent but otherwise still very strong.
I

Vins 0-16 Cuala 2-14. Cuala well worth their win. Disappointing stuff form Vins after a great win vs. Crokes during the week

Win for Syls vs OPER. Think there was 6 in it at the end. Gary Sweeney and Micheál McCarthy impressive for syls while Plunketts were very disappointing and lacked any firepower in front of goal

Raheny got well beaten by Crokes.

Jude’s beat Na Fianna by 4. Good open game but Jude’s physicality was too much for Na Fianna who played very quick, fast passing game but couldn’t break through a strong resolute Jude’s set up. An early goal for Jude’s meant they always led. Could have had 2 more goals in first half but two one on ones were saved by the keeper. Second half was nip and tuck as twice Na Fianna got back to a point. 5 points on the trot in a 3 minute spell put 6 in it with 5 minutes left. Na Fianna got two late points and also had two goal chances saved by Jude’s keeper. Na Fianna goalie scored 4 points from 45’s.

Ravens beat Boden by 3
Brigids beat Ballymun by7

Massive 2 points for Ravens. Anybody any report on this?

Yep Boden are on siesta time . End of report

I was thinking good time to play them. Still an important 2 points. It’s a tight league so far

Next round of games moved from Sat 11th to Sun 12th (1030).
Presumably to avoid a clash with the hurlers v Kilkenny on the 11th.

The round after that on Wed 22nd June clashes with Ireland v Italy in the euros…

they should move them. We don’t always get to enjoy our Nation in a huge sporting tournament.

We start moving our games for a soccer match and we might as well fold up the tent and go home.

Don’t think they will move the Italian game because of the Afl1-4 fixtures.

1 Like

I was waiting on a response like that.

Do we want people to watch our league games? As a player I know I’d like a packed sideline.

Its not like the sidelines are packed watching them at the moment!!!