Adult Hurling League 5 (AHL5) 2016

Current League table

2 rounds of fixtures this week

1 Like

Counsel Gaels, an amalgamation of Good Counsel & St James Gaels or Liffey Gaels?

I was under the impression that team amalgamations weren’t allowed at adult level and a new club had to be formed.

Counsel Gaels sounds like a new club??? :wink:

It does sound like a new club but there’s numerous amalgamated teams at underage level that aren’t new clubs just two or more clubs who have agreed to enter a team together. The players still remain members of their own club.

So Counsel Gaels is a completely new club with it’s own executive committee etc.?

lf a player plays for a new club at adult level, they can then play for their own club at minor etc. if the amalgamated club does not have a minor team. Same logic applies at juvenile level.

I’m sure that this “shelf” club has the proper committee in place. In theory I think they are supposed to have unique jerseys too.

Amalgamation of Liffey Gaels and Good Counsel. It is a ‘new’ club, has its own Committee and it’s own unique jerseys. The new Dubs jersey designer obviously had a look at ours :blush::blush:
Good Derby win over Crumlin tonight. Although they were down the might of Superhurler, typical Derby, plenty of timber given and taken…

2 Likes

Skerries Harps 1-16 St Pats 1-6

Harps beaten by Cuala! Score line a bit flattering considering the 1 point difference at half time. Half time subs made the difference.

WHITEHALL COLMCILLE 1-15 - 3-8 ST PATRICKS D
CUALA 3-22 - 0-16 SKERRIES HARPS
FAUGHS 3-9 - 2-15 ST VINCENTS
CRUMLIN 1-16 - 0-10 BALLINTEER ST JOHNS
NAOMH FIONNBARRA 2-8 - 2-12 COUN

St Marks 0-07 St Maurs 1-17 according to St Maurs twitter page

Tonight’s results

St Maurs 3-12 Whitehall Colmcille 2-7
Skerries Harps 3-15 Faughs 5-15
St Pats (D) 0-6 Cuala 6-23
Counsel Gaels 2-8 St Marks 1-8
Ballinteer 1-6 Naomh Fionnbarra 3-9
St Vincents v Crumlin

Think the other game was Vins 3-17 Crumlin 0-000000000000008

Vins won well. Don’t know the score.

Crumlin 2-23 Skerries Harps 3-11… Crumlin down by 10 at one point, couldn’t believe my eyes… We got hammered in the reverse fixture last year, when Harps had an army on the line, only 18 I counted today.

I have no words for that today!!

Well done!

1 Like

Maurs beat Counsel Gaels

Any results from the weekend?

Cuala, Maurs, Skerries, Vinnies, & Counsel all won, over Faughs, BSJ, Finbarrs, Marks & Whitehall, no idea how the Crumlin /Pats game went

@YerManInTheVan any chance that you would change that avatar of yours like a good chap?

Counsel Gaels to be precise :slight_smile:

1 Like