Skerries Harps
St Finians (S)
St Oliver Plunketts ER
St Vincents

1 Like

Only one winner here - Good Counsel
Sorry to break the bad news so early to the rest of the pack :persevere:

Craobh have a serious team as well.

Agreed but Counsel with the two Quinns back will be at a different level altogether.

1 Like

with the 4 lads moving back (3 x former Dublin Seniors) and another starter for Crumlin Seniors, they are now a good AHL3 team (if not AHL2) playing in AHL5/JHCB … it’ll be a walk in the park for them this year.

Who was the other starter to transfer from crumlin, Will crumlin struggle this year in division 1 with these players gone now ?

I think Luke Blood is the other starter although I’m pretty sure it’s only him and the two Quinn’s who have gone back . The other 3-4 lads are minors returning .

Without a doubt

Good Counsel have been shocking the last few years, need more than 2/3 decent players joining to say they are going walk it. My money is on Ciarans or Vincents.

Sure they played that Ciarans team in the Champo this year and it was 3-11 to 2-10 to Ciarans. I think 3 former inter-county players returning will be more than enough to make up the 1-1 difference.

You would have to fancy Counsel to walk this competition. They should be at intermediate grade in 2 years which would boost their confidence to no end. Only question is which clubhouse will they celebrate in? Maybe an open top bus from Drimnagh to Ballyer? :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Pub crawl from Drimnagh to Lower Ballyfermot via inchicore.

In all seriousness, best of luck to the lads. It’s been a lean few years for the hurlers and fair fux to the management for keeping hurling alive.

1 Like

Yeah counsel for me to

1 Like

How come Whitehall remain in Division 5 even though they lost the relegation game to crumlin last year. Does anyone know ?

Maybe Crumlin requested to go down? Their first team seems to have lost players so this would have a knock on effect for their second team

Ye true probably the case :+1:

From what I hear this is true. some lads going travelling as well, apparently. So they will be down a good few numbers wise

Counsel Gaels a big improvement on last season - Will be hard stopped with the additions. They are moving well for early Feb!

Skerries might be in with a good chance here. Promotion play-off last year and they have a proper underage system in place so should have a few more this year. Still sticking with one team only despite a lot of players - obviously to keep everything as competitive as possible.

Interesting take on things!!

Now we can’t be forgetting about the Dearg boys and their Intercounty transfer market. They will be disappointed without a mention considering they have been up near playoffs last couple of years.

1 Like