AI SF Semi Final, Tyrone vs Kerry, 3.30pm, 28th August

Kerry by 12.

In their “not training” camp? :wink:

@upthedall, my compadre… I was referencing the fact that Kerry fans DON’T travel for All-Ireland semi-finals, believing it is their God-given right to be in the final, year in, year out.

3 Likes

Unlike Mayo who will probably 60% of the crowd on Saturday.

Always knew you were prone to the odd understatement or two.

What was the place, about which you speak, like? Did Dublin win All-Irelands?

2 Likes

They didn’t in fairness …

So what’s the latest on this? Would be a shame if the game cant go ahead.

After Dublin hammered Mayo….think it was Brolly who said the Tyrone v Kerry semi was just to see who finished runners up to the Dubs.

Heading down to Kerry game it felt like that.

And I think that’s why there was a bit of a subdued atmosphere in that game.

yeah a great example of my bugbear about GAA experts. At half time in that match they were predicting a mayo win because mayo were in the lead. (TBF Brolly hedged his bets). Afterwards we had that quote. Half time a few weeks later Kerry were going to win the all ireland, at full time they didnt know what to say as they’re not programmed to understand a draw.

2 Likes

didnt bother the GAA last year with sligo.

:joy:

Gutted for Kerry in all of this.

3 Likes

It’d be preposterous for a team to lift Sam on the basis of winning three matches.

Unless they are the chosen people, who have history of such things

6 Likes

It’s very unfortunate but I’m not sure the CB are doing themselves any favours tbh.

Surely Monaghan next in line to represent Ulster in the AI semi-finals if Tyrone have to forfeit

1 Like

In the case of Dooher…

I’m near sure he was just responding to a question…and he agreed pulling out was a possibility.

But the headline reads as though he made a statement.

I just don’t think Tyrone know where they are with players or what shape they’ll be in.

No I’d say more your chairman.