All Ireland SFC Final, Dublin v Kerry, Croke Park, Sunday September 1st 3.30pm

Count down on , attention turns to who starts who doesn’t, where we all pretty much got the starting 15 correct last time I have a feeling there may be a bigger shake up than expected,subs bench also will be very interesting, funnily didn’t really do nerves last time round now , big week big decisions, will Bernard EOG Eric get a jersey ? Do we plan for Moran or tell Fenton to play his own game , is there a plan for Walsh coming on , does Murchan see off J Small , has Paddy Small played his way out of managers favor? When do you roll the dice with Dermo ? So many permutations, as said have a feeling team n bench will be freshened up but as for who why etc haven’t a notion

2 changes Damo.

Finally agree on something!!!

1 Like

gough made a balls of the game the last day, for me anyway. juvenile gay jokes are still not funny. let’s keep it to the football.

14 Likes

Second that

1 Like

I third that - c’mon lads we can do better than that.

1 Like

Think that’s what most have been saying Small and MDMC being dropped, not sure why I’ve nothing other than a hunch , we may see something that’s not being predicted happening

That would be a surprise.

2 Likes

There are known knowns we know about there are known unknowns…

Cannot see small being dropped …only way he doesn’t play is if he’s injured .

1 Like

Don’t know about that

he won’t be dropped for performance cos he has been consistently good but we need 15 for the whole game. at this stage , jim nearly needs ti include an extra back in the subs to replace jonny beag after half an hour when he gets his inevitable yellow. he might be better coming on. i don’t agree with suggestions of jonny cooper playing the sweeper. he is a man-marker true and true and probably the best there is. if he got away with a fraction of keegan’s bs he’d never get a yellow. in fact he’d probably get POTY.

2 Likes

What are the options not in the squad the last day for the backs? Lowndes O Carroll?

i assume butsy is still about and he’s plenty of experience of the big day.

He came on the last day

Think he was talking about Paddy Small…

Don’t think Daly came on was on 26 but never came on

Apols he warmed up late on, seemed imminent, but didn’t come on. I think Howard injury changed the change.

I think we have to play a sweeper. Johnny is a man marker, but he’s also good at the holding/sweeping role. With C’OS probably not a runner, who do you think should fill this role so? J Small can do it, but he’s a man marker just like Johnny meaning are options are a bit watery after those two.

The match on saturday is now being discussed on two threads.

I think it’s time to close this thread and keep the chat of saturday’s game to the Replay thread.

2 Likes