Allianz NHL1, Rd 1, Kilkenny v Dublin, Nowlan Park, Sunday 26/01/2020 @ 14:00

:grinning::grinning:

I can see where you are coming from re Dillon, but in fairness to him he was unplayable the last day against Galway. I nearly felt sorry for the corner back - he was eaten alive.

1 Like

Does he do enough in big championship when marking that bit tighter. Im not sure

we definitely need more competition across the FF line

I’m not 100% sure either, but I guess all corner forwards have days when the defender gets the better of him. I thought for a senior player he was a bit too quiet in last years championship games, but probably still deserved his place (I think!).

lets be having yesser predictions on the Great NHL prediction game!!!

Keogh is another guy that did well in the Walsh Cup - another possibility.

1 Like

watched the 2011 league final back . last weekend . what a day

dotsy, paul ryan and treacy in their pomp…

rushe lording it at 6

keaney master of all he presided over …

christ so far from that now when you look at current personnel.

2 Likes

Did rushe play at 6 in that game.
My memory may well be hazy, but I think he was selected at mf that day. Could have switched with boland.

they seemed to interchange a lot

True. They did in many games.

Rushie got a nice smack from Richie ‘still not that kind of player’ Hogan on the goal line.

2 Likes

Yea watched the ‘13 leinster final, what a performance but then we had shite results back then also - with largely the same personnel as the good days. that and the '11 league final were probably the best two performances of that era (and any dublin hurling era that i remember) but lets not forget that team was built up over time, they didn’t just arrive at that level overnight. dotsy and Keaney returning to the hurling were huge additions.

what we could do with a dotsy now … seriously under-rated player nationally in my view

1 Like

King Henry steps down as Ballyhale manager. No pressure Brian …

1 Like

The cat could manage Ballymaloe to the all ireland to be fair.

1 Like

He would relish that.

1 Like

I don’t know, Rushe should only be hitting his peak - (maybe he could replicate that form at CHB, we don’t know because it hasn’t been tried), Ryan isn’t particularly old, Treacy possibly never really got a whole lot better or worse. Now we have Danny, O Donnell, Crummy, Smith, all real quality. So in terms of talent, I don’t know if we are hugely different. We were very lucky to get into that final after a Cork lad had such an easy chance with the last puck to win them the previous game against us (that would have knocked us out) that he panicked.

Things can look rosier in hindsight, but apart from a few games, the constant comment on here then was the same as now - we haven’t the players / the forwards etc.

For me what is different from the Daly era is the overall aggression and the ability to win a high ball. But I can see signs of it returning.

1 Like

I like that Half back line!

I just don’t agree but that’s fair enough

who’s smith ?