Allianz NHL1, Rd 2, Dublin v Laois, Parnell Park, Sun Feb 2nd @ 2pm

Would Rian McBride be worth a look at 11 I see he’s there for DCU

1 Like

And doing ok, got a lovely point.

The most influential guy on the field for the first half though was probably Conor Burke, who isn’t even in the Dublin squad.

Think that’s Harsh on McBride. A couple of days on and reflecting on the KK game, they were seriously good. They have totally rebuilt their panel and will be a serious force for the next couple of years.

I mentioned it in the Fitz thread, I think the college lads look tired. Very few of us on here understand the physical and mental demands of playing for two elite level teams. Our lads will be grand in the long run, but they have played a wealth of hurling now in a 6-8 week period, and the season is only just starting!!!

1 Like

Both teams were even enough in the first half and as I alluded to on the fitz thread, Jack Prendergast was their play maker. He got on a sight of ball at 11???

Not sure where to stick this:

Prediction comp scores and laois poll is open here

I probably should have said top level County hurler…he is decent obviously but the answer to our midfield? I would say… probably not in my opinion. Needs to be way more aggressive in the tackle and win way more dirty ball. His skill level is good as is his striking.

1 Like

Guys, we may as well be realistic with our selections. Picking 3 guys who are not on the panel or had game time to date is pure childish; a la my 11 year old.

1. Omitting O’Rourke is ludicrous. His movement in Nowlan Park was incredible; the ball didn’t come fast enough.
  2. Gray demanded the ball and has the hurling to do something with it.
  3. CO’C doesn’t have the hurling for 5 or 7; nothing to do with athleticism.
2 Likes

It wasn’t clear whether those players were on extended panel or not - at the time of selection?

1 Like

I said in previous threads I’m picking my team based on last years club championship, fitzgibbon and Dublin panel of who I think are the strongest players to represent dublin. I’m sure if you read the previous thread you will find that out for yourself. Only takes a minute to look back.

Sometimes I feel an awful eejit on here. I don’t have all the answers, and I actually wonder sometimes if some of my opinions are correct and, mad and all as it sounds, I even wonder occasionally if someone else’s opinion is worth considering!

3 Likes

insanity @Wifi

1 Like

Wouldn’t mind seeing half forward line of McGibb, Boland, McBride…

1 Like

What’s up with McGibb? We haven’t seen him this year?

1 Like

I can handle the team being changed, but I don’t think the match day panel should be. If you are travelling down the country you want to have an idea if it is a game that is being taken seriously or not (and I don’t live in Dublin, so the same applies to home games in my case).

I get why every coming and going off the squad isn’t announced, guys are amateurs and they don’t need to be all over the papers because they have been dropped. But I think a core panel should be known. Supporters should know who they are supporting and other stakeholders need to know what type of panel has been put together. This isn’t an underage team, or a club team - this team is specifically put together to represent us - yet we don’t really know who they are.

2 Likes

Had Opp, think ankle, is back training, lined out for DCU this week.

2 Likes

Pretty sure he came on in the TCD game.

Saw him on team sheet alright, but, was told he didn’t get a run.

I summoned up the courage and watched the KK game back. Sure, touch and tactics were an issue, but the main issue was that most of them got on the bus to the game and left their backbone at home. It didn’t always work for Sutcliffe and O Rourke, but at least they were prepared to take a belt. The rest need to look seriously look at themselves.

I was wrong re Nolan. He should have been taken off at half time. Puckouts were disastrous and while he will do O Callaghan, in the same situation he lets a Kilkenny guy pass him by and waves a hurl in his direction.

Also the hit on Sutcliffe for the sending off was horrendous. And Cody spent the game whinging about it. He is an unpleasant character.

3 Likes

They are probably still a bit sore about Richie’s unjust sending off.

3 Likes