Beer Discovery

Folks, weeks into lockdown and I’m only discovering Kinnegar Scraggy Bay. Really nice hop head IPA. I’m a Guinness man normally but getting a taste for these hoppy IPA’s. What been you discovery?

1 Like

Large cans of Bitburger in one of the supermarket chains here for the equivalent of about €1.50!

2 Likes

I’ve been quite taken by Perlenbacer. German pilsner from Aldi or Lidl, not sure which. Really nice and brewed in-line with their purity laws. 8 x 500ml for less than €8.00.

I tried the Aldi Peroni lookalike … piss.

Kinnegar are a savage brewery.

If anyone wants to help local causes, 4 provinces brewery (owner is Fergal Chambers from Ballinteer St John’s) has their hurler and piper cans in Lidl.

2 Likes

Try Perlenbacher, it’s not an attempt to copy a brand, just a beer brewed under their strict brewing laws.

2 Likes

Have been enjoying Foxes Rock American Style IPA these past few weeks, a nice 5.2% and 4 for €10 in Super Valu.

@Bart Kinnegar’s stuff is all fantastic

I would murder a pint of Guinness in Gaffney’s though eh @whatever

4 Likes

The kids got me a gift set of Foxes Rock at Christmas, great stuff, the missus managed to break the glass.

Can’t get Barefoot Bohemian for the last while. Anyone seen any about?

Have you tried their Rust Bucket? Lovely stuff. For hoppy, I’m on 8 Degrees beer called Full Irish, very hoppy.

1 Like

No, but on the list now. Slainte

Lough Gill brewery IPA called Cutback is lovely .

1 Like

Always liked Helvick beers from Dungarvan, are those still going?

1 Like

Not sure, I have bad memories of the 1st time in drank a helvick beer!!! Cyprus 5-2 Irl. Nice beer though.

They are.

Many decent offers on from blacks of kinsale at moment, aswell as white hag in sligo.

2 Likes

mmmmmmmmm

6 Likes

That might constitute a ban in these trying times!!!

5 Likes

Don t buy anything from Boyne valley ‘tis piss.
Wicked Wolf is decent. Lagunitas IPA is lovely.

Discovered Lagunitas in San Fran a few years back. A mate is the graphic designer behind the Wicklow Wolf brand.

2 Likes

What I’d give for a pint of porter right now

3 Likes