Champions League 2021/22

Sure they are from Transnistria not Moldova.

1 Like

HT :austria: Salzburg 0 :denmark: Brøndby 1

A classic counter attack goal early on from Mikael Uhre has the Danish champions from last season ahead. :argentina: Nicolas Capaldo went close after a good first touch on a nice ball over the top from former academy player :austria: Nicolas Seiwald. Seiwald nearly picked up an assist in the closing stages of the half but :denmark: Rasmus Kristensen just strayed offside and his finish at the near post was chalked off. For the most part the Danes have defended really well.

It’s hard to stress how young and inexperienced this Salzburg team is for this season starting. Their front 3 is all 19 or younger. The youngest being :slovenia: Benjiman Šeško who recently got capped at senior level by his country.

FT :austria: Salzburg 2 :denmark: Brøndby 1 :fire: :fire: :fire:

WOW! I haven’t seen that sort of barrage of pressure or waves of attack in that that 2nd half by Salzburg since Jim Gavin’s Dublin in 2013. How they only scored two goals I’ll never know. :de: Karim Adeyemi got the equaliser cashing in on a rebound early. :croatia: Luca Sučić then nearly pulled off an outrageous lob over the keepers head. The captain and left back :austria: Andreas Ulmer nearly scored then as well. Completely against the run of play :tunisia: Ben Slimane hit the cross bar from 30 yards out and when it looked liked it would end 1-1 the American :us: Brendan Aaronson got the winner to send the fans into celebrations. The young keeper for Brondby had an amazing game it must be said.

Israeli striker for Psv hits the crossbar from 6 yards ,open goal. Must be related to Ronny Rosenthal.

You just can’t say things like that, Jeremy.

Brilliant start for Salzburg. Goals from :slovenia: Benjiman Šeško and :us: Brendan Aaronsen have them 2 up and 4-1 ahead on aggregate. Šeško in particular has looked extremely dangerous

RTE news : Champs Lge: City draw PSG, Liverpool in testing group

Here’s the full draw

Utd 1 up , Wan bissaka is one gobshite. Red card .

1 Like

Wan-Bissaka gets a red card cos he can’t control the ball. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Utd like old wans v Young boys . 2-1 to YB.

Jesse Lingaard shouldn’t have been let go on a free. Anything to get rubbish like that off the books.

All the money spent and
still wheeling out Lingard. Poor from him for winning goal. I know Man Utd down to 10 but time wasting backfired.

Kept him on because he played a couple good games for West Ham when on loan.

I thought he was great.

1 Like

Free CL on the LiveScore app. Happy days!

Watching the highlights of Barcelona v Bayern, Barcelona look poor . Be doing well to get out of the group based on that performance.

1 Like

Four lads across the middle at the finish aged 17 and 18!!

No shots on target. At the nou camp .

Aye they’re in serious bother and won’t recover overnight. 4/5 year job I’d reckon. Interesting to see so many kids - all more comfortable on the ball than a senior international side we all know.

But you know what you win with kids …

1 Like

Delighted for :us: Jordan Pefok to get the winner for Young Boys last night completing their 2nd half turn around against Manchester Utd.

A win like that for Swiss champions at home will give them just a little bit of hope they can avoid bottom in the group.

2 Likes