Cluxton only current dub to make all time 15

Found this in the ‘archives’ ,so what the hell ,lets tease out Breheny’s l’ogic ’

Yet another culchie clickbait piece from Senor Breheny designed for the hater market.

He knows his audience!

3 Likes

Martin could write an article about how many past or present players would get into the Dublin 5 in a row team. He could also just fcuk off.

2 Likes

Can’t remember but were Mullins or Hanahoe on the all-time list? I don’t think they were. I think Heffo remains the only Dub is that right? I often wondered how Martin O’Connell is in that list but Paul Curran barely gets a mention. Marti was a great player but he also had a great team around him.
I think most of the players in the All-time list were part of great, very successful teams, or am I just creating an angle based on my own prejudice? Because I always wondered how one of Mullins or Hanahoe didn’t make it
Jack Mac Flash is probably a better all-round player than O’Connell but because of that he often finds his defensive abilities questioned.

They (quite who, I do not know) compiled an all-time greatest team in the centenary year (1984) - Heffo was the only Dublin player in it.

Here you go, looks like rose tinted goggles were in widespread use in that poll

It’s to this one that I was referring:

Very similar teams.

Sure Kerry were the only county with truly great players dontcha know. The others might get a look in now and then. Galway for example, they’re acceptable, proper footballers n dat.