Conal Keaney Retires

1 Like

This should get its own thread

Best player we ever had

13 Likes
10 Likes

Best we ever had . Thanks for the memories Conal

3 Likes

Pity but No surprise there really. Legend.

2 Likes

Warrior, leader, legend.
Enjoy the well deserved retirement Conal.

8 Likes

Warrior. Stand out memory for me was the point under the Hogan in the 2011 league final. Enjoy the well deserved break

8 Likes

He was electric that day

1 Like

The word Legend gets thrown around too much but I think Conal Keaney qualifies as one. Magnificent player in both codes. Came back from a terrible injury too.

13 Likes

Hopefully it’s only county.

3 Likes

Most other clubs if they are honest will be hoping otherwise.

A proper warrior and a decent skin off field by all accounts

3 Likes

Is CK a managerial type?

No

1 Like

Enjoy the retirement Conal, go raibh maith agat as ucht an méid a rinne tú sa Gorm & Dubhgorm.

3 Likes

Best of luck CK … Christ the phrase he doesn’t owe us anything really applies to him

Many years ago when he was starting out with the footballers we were getting beaten handy by the Gaurdians but Conal was by far the best of the dubs

One oul wag in the stand shouted

“ telling yis lads we are fooked … our best footballer is a hurler “ …

10 Likes

Great player in both codes who gave selflessly to club and county. You’d always have a better chance with Conal in the team.

GRMA.

3 Likes

I personally wouldnt say CK was a great footballer ,an excellent footballer yes, Id say he’s easily the best hurler I’ve seen in a Dublin jersey , those talents combined and with what he achieved at both club and county level hes the best dual player Ive ever seen and could hold his own against anyone in the country in that regard
Id like to see him give another season or two to club which if the body is willing im sure he will , Dublin legend

4 Likes

Never really heard him speak, so done his talking on the pitch, great player & leader, 2018 vs Kilkenny going off the best example of his leadership & aura on a team.

2 Likes

Legend- simple as - Had the pleasure of meeting him a few years ago and had a grand old chat - Thanks for the memories Conal

2 Likes

I can still remember the first time I saw Conal playing. It was for Dublin Colleges against St Kieran’s in Parnell Park in maybe 2001. It was one of the best performances I ever saw from a hurler. He was everywhere that day. Great servant to Dublin GAA in both codes

5 Likes