Coronavirus COVID-19

It’s been proven to only work in a very small percentage of certain types of mammals. It’s preposterous to think it will work. Meanwhile thousands will die. Needlessly.

4 Likes

But I assume they will try to delay the outbreak as well, because they need to slow it down either way.

They have a very funny way of showing it (Cheltenham etc)

We will have prepare ourselves mentally for this, I personally find it hard to stay indoors for a day, never mind at least two weeks. I am already thinking of a plan to pass the time, raging I didnt but paint could have painted the gaff.

1 Like

The publican, the band and every other shitebag in there should be shot with balls of their own shite. Arse holes.

7 Likes

A great idea by @Iomaint to help those effected started here:

2 Likes

I think it’ll be more than two weeks. Cannot see being back in school until after Easter at the bare minimum. That’s five weeks away. Can only hope something has happened by then to allow some semblance of normal life to be restored.

1 Like

The article says that British govt accepts that 40 million will contract virus and even 1 percent death rate is 400,000 ,which is astonishing really .Either they are wilfully stupid or they are gambling that virus will burn itself out eventually in short sharp stop .

1 Like

Agree, in two weeks it will be worse.

There is a certain logic to it, but most serious medical types seem to think it is based on some assumptions rather then solid facts and as we all know assumption is the mother of all ■■■■ ups.

Maybe. Or if people get a grip maybe it’ll peak in that time and we can get the numbers down.

People will have to stop being ■■■■■ though.

2 Likes

I think part of the problem is that people think this is all a bit of an overreaction (god knows why). A bit like the red weather warnings that can turn out a bit anticlimactic ,people think this’ll be the same. An extremely ignorant mindset but people are definitely failing to recognise the seriousness of the situation.

1 Like

Actually, a trusted source I read said the peak may not be until May/June or even July if we slow the spread.

Interestingly, I see the EU have granted an aid package of 40 billion to help euro countries deal with the outbreak. If the UK hadn’t left… Ah never mind!

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if pubs are closed before paddies day.

1 Like

If images like the above one are not distant memories by then, they absolutely will. Not in the UK though, Boris appears to prefer finance over lives. The Cnut.

1 Like

Monday I hear.

1 Like

Also heard that - but could just be rumors

1 Like

Fckers. Times like these really do bring out the worst and best of our society.

5 Likes

By the way, if the spread of this is something that fascinates you, there’s a fairly new docu on Netflix called ‘Pandemic’. I found it a brilliant watch anyway… Let’s face it, you will have a fair bit of time on your hands very soon!!!

3 Likes