Covid 19 - The Third Wave (Part 3)

Mate was in the capital two weeks ago and said ■■■■ all restrictions

No certs , masks optional . U.K. like . What he couldn’t get was people would wear masks on the street but not in restaurants and bars when moving around

Zero enforcement It seems Spain is very regional ?

Italy and Portugal rigidly enforced when I was there in the summer

1 Like

Madrid has been a law onto itself throughout this, they have applied minimum restrictions at every given opportunity, the surrounding regions have been some of the worst affected in Spain and most of it is due to people from Madrid going to holiday homes etc at the height of the pandemic… Very right wing populist leader in the region, don’t know if it is the same everywhere, but here the far right like telling people what to do, but hate being told what to do. I remember Jose Maria Aznar, former prime minister saying, nobody was going to tell him how many glasses of wine he could drink before driving, that kind of an attitude.

1 Like

About time

5 Likes

You were in Florence and the machine went bust?

5 Likes

Adjusted for age

1 Like

Just heard a friend of mine who had covid is double vaxxed tested positive, she works in a pub, had it back in March and tested positive again yesterday, blames the jazz festival which was mad busy.

Very difficult in those environments unfortunately with Delta

Most indoor spaces in Ireland are very poorly ventilated

1 Like

pretty worrying piece on the Claire byrne show in the last hour, guy from Israel saying vaccines waning after 6 months, double vaccinated people in ICU mostly including young people. hopefully that’s not coming down the road here.
5 to 10 times more protection with the booster compared to 2 doses across all ages.
everyone over 12 eligible for booster 6 months after the 2nd jab, green certs only issued to people with booster.
I’ll throw the link up later.

1 Like

I had wondered was it just waning in older people because of their age of because they were done 8-10 months ago, seems like it’s a time thing.

You’d hope the boosters might last a bit longer.

They’re going to have to roll out the boosters for everyone then you’d imagine.

1 Like

You’d have to ask why our government are so slow moving on boosters

2 Likes

You don’t want to give them too soon tho, the bigger the gap the better (up to a point).

The key is that we have no shortage of supplies now and the infrastructure to roll it out quickly you’d imagine.

1 Like

Can’t give boosters until the appropriate time. It be a waste otherwise.

2 Likes

Counting on fingers out loud… January 4th 2022 this citizen is eligible for the booster shot. Good. The HSE did a good job of sorting out our difficult age group (60-69) first time around. I have every confidence that the roll out for boosters while happen smoothly when the time is deemed appropriate.

3 Likes

last 6 minutes of this audio.

1 Like

Now @Tayto, don’t give out to me for this! We need the vaccines to work. This is not helpful though?

It’s from a respected source rater then www.i-did-my-own-research-truth-seeker.com

They need to get moving on this

2 Likes

Covid aside our health system is a fxuking joke. All the Administrators, civil servants etc who have been running it for years should be sacked. Get people in who can actually tie their shoes together.

2 Likes