Div 9
Ballyboughal v Naomh Olaf

Div 10
Colmcilles v Thomas Davis

Div 11N
Fingal Ravens v Raheny/Mearnog

Div 11S
TBC

Games scheduled to take place the weekend of 28th/29th August (I think)

1 Like

Raheny aren’t in the division 8 final.

They’ve lost all games bar 1.

Will be na fianna

1 Like

28th and 29th I’m hearing is correct. Will they toss for home advantage or what do we think

Will games go ahead that weekend with the All Ireland scheduled as well?

Ha sorry yeah should of been Na Fianna

1 Like

Will Div 11 be Semi Finals or how will they work?

Edit: Apologies thought Div 10 had 4 groups too

No issues Sunday will probably throw in 10 or 10.30

2 Likes

I’d imagine Div 10 will be the same as the other divisions. Top in North to play top in South

1 Like

They are marked on the master fixture list. We 22nd hurling , we 29th fball league finals

Why’re Ballyboughal in the div 9 final when them and Trinity Gaels are level on points with a game left to play, also in the div 9 south between Cuala and Olafs, does it go to point difference if both teams win their last game as the teams drew earlier on in the year?

1 Like

Yes, I believe it’s head to head first, and if there was a draw between the two it goes to points difference.

North-side winner will be decided if Cilles or Whitehall win tonight.

If it’s a draw and both sides win their final game as there was a W/O given they would need a play off to determine the winner to face 10 S

That game tonight should be a good one! Good luck Cilles

2 Likes

Cilles into div 10 decider after we beat Whitehall

1 Like

Thanks clubber. Was an entertaining game that kept the onlookers engaged. Thankfully we got the win to set up a game against it seems Thomas Davis

Looks like most final spots are decided after last nights games, Div 11 South will come down to the wire in both groups and Raheny play Mearnog next to see who advances from 11N Group 1

Looks like Div 9 South will need a playoff between Olafs and Cuala as well as they drew

Does it not just come down to points differences if there’s no w/o?

No if two teams are tied it’s head to head if more than two teams the following apply

Where more than two teams are involved – Scoring difference (subtracting the total scores against from the total scores for) of the games where the teams tied on points played each other only. In the event that a team involved in a tie consisting of more than two teams had their finishing points total affected by a loss of points against that team on a proven objection, forfeiture of points for breach of rule / regulation, or by loss of points for failing to fulfil any fixture in that competition, that team shall not be included in any play-off and shall deemed to have finished in last place in whatever means is used to decide the tie. The procedures outlined in Rule 6.21 (4) (c) T.O. 2020 shall then be used to separate the remaining teams in the tie.

This stupid rule, where points diff is given more importance than winning matches…

Take the D2N example of 4 teams being level…
Raheny top based on this rule (+13 i think),

They would also be top if a more sensible rule was a mini league table based on the games between the teams…deservedly so…where points gained (wins/draws) are first and THEN score diff.
Raheny 4pts (+13)
Fins 4pts (-9)
Barrog 2pts (+7)
Syls 2pts (-19)

However, it could quite conceivably happen, that Barrog (say) could play Syls/Fins in what is a dead rubber for Syls/Fins in the last game of the year and win by 25…be on 2pts in the mini league (compared to 4 pts, or even 6 possibly) and top the tiebreaker…it’s utter nonsense!!!

4 Likes