Dublin Club Championships 2020

Probably no point in this thread but I found out today that cork midfielder Niamh Cotter has moved to Crokes. Not sure if it’s just a one year thing as I know she’s doing a masters in UCD. Interesting also that there was no news on this whereas there was articles on last years two switches.

I’m surprised she went to Crokes since obviously Foxcab are known for their inter county transfers and links with UCD. She might have been a huge asset for Crokes to end Foxcabs reign. We’ll probably never know now.

1 Like

That happened months ago

Calm down man. Calm down.

Yeah obviously I’m quite a bit behind.

1 Like

Don’t worry pal I am.

The Link has moved from UCD to DCU

Is there not a rule about players not allowed to transfer clubs while in college?? Fairly sure this rule exists in the men’s game??

Ah right okay I thought it was both. It’s a mad situation though, I can’t believe it’s being allowed to happen year on year. If you’re another Dublin club I can only imagine how frustrating that would be.

I’m not sure about that but she could be moving there permanently. I just know she’s been up in UCD since September. There are other cork players who live permanently in Dublin and travel to cork for trainings so I’m not sure.

Yea definitely does exist in the mens game, not sure if it’s in lgfa too though

Has there been any word on how this will be run this year? Assuming there will no league there’s probably time to stick to the origin format.

I suppose Foxcab will be favourites but Crokes or Davis could take them. Brigids or Boden too far away? Clontarf have a lot of Dublin players too.

I think there should be some sort of leauge format with the championship have heard nothing

Still nothing? All very quiet coming from the county board. Cork have released their draw with dates too.

Crokes circulating this on their social media in regards to dates. Can’t find anything on Dublin LGFA website about it. Assuming it’s a round robin format this year. Anyone any idea of groups?

Fixture calendar circulated to clubs last night with fixture dates but no teams allocated to groups at this stage. Senior Championship will have two groups of 5 for round robin - other championships may have smaller groups.

League Cup also announced - for Div1 this will be two groups of six (Northside / Southside split) two games ahead of Champ and then further games at end of September.

1 Like

Cheers. If I’m not mistaken it was 8 teams in round robin last year so I wonder where the other 2 have come from. Hopefully the county girls get to play the cup/league games.

Nine last year so presume Clanna Gael who won Inter are promoted would be one - not sure if there was relegation last year.

Presume county girls are available for the early games - inter-county training not allowed before September!

1 Like

But if they’re anything like the lads they probably are. I hope not though.

Looks like co operation between football and camogie on fixtures

That would be great news, if Ladies & Camogie start to work together it can only be a good thing for the players