Dublin Club Hurling Leagues 2021

So it seems there are mini-leagues to tie everyone over. North / South splits mainly too.
No supporters allowed attend yet so we can post some of the more interesting results here as they unfold over the Summer.

1 Like

When is the draw for the SHC?

1 Like

Why is division 8 now at 11am? Be lucky to field now that the pubs will be open

1 Like

Always a mystery why junior is on Sunday mornings

Friday evening would be a better option like a lot of lower junior soccer leagues

7 Likes

It’s done like that so you can’t have a fella playing junior 8 on a Friday night, junior 5 on a Saturday and senior 1 on a Sunday. Unlikely, but could happen

2 Likes

Ridiculous reason really .

3 Likes

‘Farmerboy’ by name and Division 8 in mind - you must be a Wild Geese lad so :grin:

2 Likes

100%.AFL 5-8 was played on a Friday a few years when Dublin hurlers were playing on Saturday. AFL 11 was played on Sat Evening too.

2 Likes

Makes far more sense .

2 Likes

The first couple of league matches have always been fixed for Sun morning.

Southside club

Stars of Erin

Can I guess :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Why not sure

Emmerdale?

1 Like

Ballinteer

1 Like

lets see how no supporters plays out, especially when people out walking the dog in the local park!!

1 Like

At least half of Dublin clubs are own grounds but I reckon you are right that many clubs will just ignore the crowd rules. I know of one North Dublin club that just opened the gates last Summer and allowed anyone attend.

1 Like

Crowds are allowed it seems

Looking like it, it feels almost surreal thinking we’re on the way back to something like normal.

2 Likes