Dublin Junior 1 Football Championship 2021

J1 Club Championship

2 Likes

The 2 finalists last year in the same group! Nice to see no byes

Finians Swords dropped down from Inter too. Plenty of prep time for it now should be some good games in all groups

Did Finian’s request to go down?

With no relegation last year I’d imagine so but i’ve not heard to be honest. There’s a bye in the Inter championship now from it

Think they had struggled to win a game the last few years in the intermediate but kept avoiding relegations due to Bye’s and Covid

Not great having a bye in the Inter C/ship. Surely Junior 1 winners should have been offered promotion?

1 Like

You would think so ok

Actually becomes stranger the more I think about it. It couldn’t have been anything other than a request to drop Championships as rele/promo was not in play last year.
A fair approach should see the team being relegated to the lowest possible Championship and other teams being shuffled up.

Pats are down to the junior b in the hurling from Intermediate I think, Skerries have gone up after winning b.

Not sure what happened Finians of Swords to be honest. As Kerby said they’ve struggled badly in the Inter championship over the past couple of years. An interesting championship nonetheless with teams ranging from Div 4 to Div8

Rebuilding a team, decent young side there now. Playing the AFL 5 final on Sunday and I’d imagine they should have a decent crack at the Junior 1 championship.

Still early, but is it top 2 going through from each group?

And 1st from Group 1 plays 2nd Group 2, or open draw?

Thats it Carrick.
Love this champo. Going to give Ger Morans the nod! Super team.

I’d be interested to see how St.Finians get on, got to the final of Div.5.

O’Dwyers with a tough group after winning it last year!

Watched Ger Morans hammer Marks in last year championship. Very impressive side. Finians Swords probably the favourites. Crumlin will be up.there if have full team. Mark’s don’t have Sean McCann, massive lost to them.

1 Like

How old is McCann. He’s been in the road for a while now?

He be about 39. He transferred to Peregrines last year.

Never knew that is he playing with them? Did a year or 2 with Mary’s when they were senior also

1 Like

What we thinking for qualifying.

Group 1: Man O War, Garristown

Group 2: O’Dwyers, Marks

Group 3: Finians, NGO

Group 4: Crumlin, Ger Morans

1 Like