Dublin Junior C Football Championship (JFC C) 2017

Lucan maggies and garristown won

Bridgits won the last quarter so
Bridgits v Garristown
Maggie’s v lucan
I think

Brigids beat Brendans by 6 points

Strong Brigids side, beaten by Brendans last 3 meetings, Brendans are a good side but Brigids had far too much for them this evening, take a serious outfit to beat that Brigids side.

Was Barry Cahill playing for Bridget’s?

*Brigids( sorry pet peeve)

No he didn’t

1 Like

Their championsip performance is way outstripping their league performance

Brigids have brought down some serious heavy artillery for Championship. They’re strong favourites for this Championship.

Is it neutral venues or first team out at home?

Ah that old chestnut

How did Garristown play last night?

Brigids will win this imo. Fully expected garristown to beat peregrines.

Is that Lucans div 6 team in this?

How long are people going to think league position is a good way to gauge a club? To a small degree in round 1 maybe? But after your 1st win you look at the club. How many teams have they got? U21 sides-A or B championship? What standard is the minor teams at? Certainly by semi final stage it’s the club your playing-all eligible players will tog out-guaranteed-snr aswell. Get over it if you lose and see their rooted at the bottom of division below you.

1 Like

Is that a reply to me or who?!!

Fully agree as long as all players are eligible. But senior players playing C champo, hardly believable for any club let alone Brigids that have teams competing in every champo in between

General reply to everyone. Been Happening every year for a while now. Trust me snr players tog out in A B C D championship. Might be returning from injury,abroad, old snr starting to come down or a young snr on the way up. Young U21 and minor InterCounty players have togged in the lower ranks.

Very hard for a small club to win a Junior championship in either codes. If that Lucan team are their div 6 team. They will be no pushovers. Good side.

We beat Brigids in league handy only 2 weeks ago, posting a big score. We lost to a different outfit last night. They’ve not won a game in the league all year. Call it sour grapes but let’s hope they don’t win this one.

1 Like

Yes. They’re a very useful side. They’ve been very close to winning this championship over the last 5 years