Dublin Minor & Colleges Hurling

Sure if it was on RTE they’d have a Prime Time special on it, lads on TG4 just laughed it off…

3 Likes

Well it’s back in after tonight :see_no_evil:

I only saw the first half. Laois, with the wind, played with sweepers!! How dreadfully sad is that :sob::sob:That utter dickhead McGrath, still trying to prove that you can defend your way to silverware. The Offaly lads seemed to play with abandon, at times. I hope McGrath is never let near a county squad again.

2 Likes

Agree how you play with 2 sweepers with the wind at under 17 is mind boggling to me.better team won tonight and wish them well going forward.

4 Likes

It’s u17 …

1 Like

Lads on €10k bonus each from Shane. JP bankrolling the Treaty. We need more money.

3 Likes

It was actually Offaly who had the sweepers. They played the 1st half with 2 forwards very deep, #11 and #14. They did the exact same against Dublin. If Laois push up they get destroyed by Screeney.

1 Like

Sorry, when I tuned in ,I could see 2 spare defenders for laois and alot of long range attempts going wide.

1 Like

Me too.

True, I’m just saying Offaly setup identical in the 1st half. Difference was Offaly could shoot from distance once they got the wind, esp Ravenhill. Offaly much the better hurlers, Laois seemed intent on not conceeding a goal and hoping Quinlan would repeat his performance v Kilkenny.

The Naas u17 hurling team my young lad plays with were playing Kildare Div 1 final last night. Had 6 of the lads who played with the Kildare minor hurling team available again but not the other 5 lads who are on both the Kildare minor hurling & football teams. The lads that were there last night said that the Offaly team they played few weeks back were by far best team they’d ever played against. Movement, speed & touch all top class. Will be hard beaten in the all Ireland minor championship.

On separate note the u17 final was fixed for the main pitch in Hawkfield. However an hour before the final both teams were informed Glen Ryan was taking the pitch for Kildare senior team session. Not only that but we weren’t allowed use the second pitch because it was too close to them. 3rd pitch was unplayable. They put us on the 4th pitch which was worse than a cabbage patch and clearly dangerous. Lack of respect for the kids never mind two fingers to hurling in Kildare. Everyone involved seriously pissed off. For the record Naas won vs amalgamation team, St Cocas (kilcock + Cappagh) in super game. Have won Div 1 now every year from u12 to u17. At least some positives out of the evening.

10 Likes

So the team were denied their dual lads and played in a quagmire! Christ above. Hurling needs to get away from football, for once and for all.

1 Like

That’s the county manager for you. ■■■■ everyone else.

2 Likes

County football manager Alan. Kildare wouldn’t be alone with that craic.

3 Likes

I m sure the reverse happens in hurling counties. Galvin said pretty much that about Davy fitz in Wexford. Either way whatever code or level it’s not right and the Kildare board should have told Ryan where to go.

6 Likes

Don’t think Glen Ryan is unique in that regard but he clearly showed last night a total lack of respect for the kids involved. In addition to the pitch fk up he walked by a group of them as they were coming back to the dressing room with the cup and completely ignored them. Don’t know Glen Ryan at all but think in large part his attitude was around fact that it was hurling. Can’t imagine he would have treated / ignored the winners of the Div 1 football in same way. Either that or he’s an ignorant sob!

6 Likes

County managers push it as far as allowed. Weak county boards are a bigger issue in facilitating this behaviour

7 Likes

In fairness in most other counties the pitch spread and use prevents this happening. It’s only where you have teams using the so called centre of excellence that you’ll see this kinda daft behaviour.

Hawkfield is not a bad place, but Parnell has a better surface than that main pitch, so fill your boots Glen.

2 Likes

So much for Newbridge or nowhere, disgraceful behavior from Ryan. They’re Hurlers have won more than their footballers in the last 10 years.

7 Likes

Leave Dessie out of this