Dublin Senior 1 Football Championship 2022

Didn’t think so myself . Always thought he was a Dub

Yes he did. Goalkeeper.

1 Like

Raheny playing Div2 comes back to bite them again. Every year they’ve been well beaten in the first round. Seems like it takes them a game to get used to the level. They’re much better than they showed but Crokes were excellent.

If Raheny weren’t perfect Crokes punished them massively and had them under pressure every time they got on the ball. Awesome was the only word to describe Crokes

2 Likes

Yeah, the big difference was Raheny put together some really good moves but the finish was off, Crokes would respond with a straight forward move followed by a score, you just can’t be missing straight forward scores in SFC

2 Likes

Craig came into the team after the 2009 AI win in 2010. Looked sharp, fit and strong today. Rory is a very clever reader of the game and gives it 100%. The number 11 is Aidan Jones and he moved extremely well today. He has been knocking on the door for a few years now and I hope this gives him the momentum to move onwards.
Raheny really missed Brian Fenton and Brian Howard didn’t seem to be moving fully freely at times today so they struggled without their top men. Having said that Crokes played all of the football and were also missing a few top players.

3 Likes

In the US

2 Likes

Didn’t realise he was gone too.

Duffy is playing in Boston. More than likely home for second round

1 Like

Rory O’Brien (keeper) Aaron Duffy, Stephen Moore, Jack Hussey, Shane Murphy, Darragh Kelly and Luke White all in USA on J1s, none back before end of August… Hussey likely the only one to come back to play ball, Duffy off to Australia and won’t be home at all…
Adam Caul, Ryan Caul, Sean Flood and Kieran McKitterick all probable starters out injured and probably won’t play again this year…
Been a tough summer for the Lusk lads…

11 Likes

Can Shane Walsh play in this year’s championship

Does anyone think waddick from td has the abilities to be a fullback potentially for the dubs??? I know he normally plays centre back or midfield but he has size, speed, natural aggression and plenty of football in him.

He’s very athletic, if a bit unorthodox. He likes getting forward, so might be a bit wasted at FB.

:rofl:

Ewanesque

1 Like

Yes, IF his transfer request is successful

1 Like

Any reports or team sheets from the Cuala BB game?

And provided that he hasn’t played club championship in Galway in 2022.

1 Like

I’ve seen waddick play plenty of times in person and on the tele, i’m not a connoisseur of fullback play, so i asked the question in relation to lads that would know given his attributes

3 Likes

Too much football in him, wouldn’t have him down as a man marker

1 Like

Surprisingly not given it was played in such a state of the art facility

1 Like