Dublin Senior Hurling 2022

Well the club championships are well under way. You’d expect a few hands to go up for panel places next year as I’d expect Mattie to freshen things up a touch.

Anyone impressing so far?

Don’t think there will be many “New Panelists” from Club championship. Existing panelists might put their hand up for match day 26 or 20’s to join the panel perhaps

Well, okay, but the panel is a closely guarded secret. One or two have impressed who I don’t know if they’re on the extended panel or not, too early to tell yet so more a conversation for the end of the group stages.

Very early days but thought Purcell as expected was very good for Crokes. Murphy for Na Fianna good in patches too.

1 Like

Few Na Fianna lads will have put their hands up I say

1 Like

Donal Ryan looks a decent wing back. Did he give up the hurling for a few years, I know hes a decent footballer.

If thats the case expecting the same results for the next championship, there a few on the current team that shouldn’t be on it

All depends who is on the extended panel. It’s a well guarded secret!

What age is quilty now? He looked the part at county level until injuries set him back.

31 at least. Very good underage hurler, great striker of a ball. Seemed to get a few injuries to set him back.

Jesus 31!!! … time is flying.

If Mellett keeps playing this well in midfield he has got to be an option worth looking at in that position for Dublin. I know he was on the panel recently is he still on there? He’d bring some pace and runs at defences really well. Lays the ball off nicely and can take a score. Hopefully he’ll keep going in this form.

Joe Fortune the new westmeath senior hurling manager can’t help but feel we missed a chance there and he only went to Westmeath because Kenny got another year

3 Likes

Might work out well in the long run. He heads off and keeps himself very active and close to the game and picks up Senior Intercounty management experience to put himself in a strong position.

Surely can only be good for Dublin long term? More experienced options
Look at Tipp. They should be sorted for managers for the next 2 decades

2 Likes

What age does that make you now Tayto …you must be nearly a King by now?

1 Like

A far more certain option than Ryan O’Dwyer anyway who was also being named as a potential.

1 Like

Would Considine be worth a look? I know it’s only been two games but he has done well against good opposition. He’s quick and strong enough to break a tackle, would be well able physically, accurate as well. Worth keeping an eye on for rest of shc.

Very similar to Hayes? Not saying he shouldn’t be on the panel, good young player. But is he too similar to Hayes?

You always need a strong panel…injuries do happen

Fairly sure I’ve alluded to that by saying he should be on the panel.
I’m asking a question based on starting 15

Cian Derwin I say will get the call up this year