Dublin Senior Hurling A Championship (SHC A) 2021

I see Cuala are hot favourites on Paddy Power for this one again. Here are the top 6 on Paddy Power. Would have them as favourites also but certainly not that strongly.

Cuala 4/6
Boden 5/1
Crokes 5/1
Na Fianna 8/1
Craobh 14/1
Brigids 16/1

1 Like

Lucan should be above Craobh and Brigid’s based on last year anyway.

Cuala did enough last year without getting out of 2nd gear much really.

1 Like

Brigids great e/w bet

1 Like

Croabh ahead of Vincent’s in the betting is a weird one

Looked down the list Plunketts are at 250/1 a bigger price than ballinteer, Setanta Thomas Davis and same as scoil… It’s a wrong price, they could make last 8 depending on groups to my eyes

5 Likes

A 50-100 quid bet would prob shift the odds on a market like that.

Na fianna 8/1 with Rush is decent value.

2 Likes

Has there been any word on the groups yet? Or when the draw is?

No regradings sent out yet either, I thought they d be completed by now.

Did I miss that or just forget it? Been such a surreal year I can’t remember, will be interesting to see how they go. Did an sound enough job with Laois. With the compact season he’ll do well to see much of con.

Boden will need their sub u20s to step it up. Can’t be relying on Keaney & co much more. Desmond looked v sharp for u20s & McDwyer looks a good prospect, pace as well.

He’s coach no?

1 Like

Ah yea, that rings a bell.

Would rushe make that big a difference to na fianna ?

Hard to see past the top 4. Gap like the senior football championship is enormous .

Still can’t see Na Fianna bridging it

It’s really Johnny Twomey’s Cuala. It’s like calling it Jason Sherlock’s Dublin.

1 Like

My bad

1 Like

I think he will. I know we haven’t seen the best of him at inter-county in recent years but this will be a few levels lower than playing a Kilkenny or Galway and he will be a wrecking ball wherever he is put.

1 Like

It would be great to see Na Fianna kick on and make a final at least. Craobh ahead of Vincents in the betting is very strange.

Agree and brigids too

I think the top 4 are miles ahead unfortunately

Vincent’s and Brigids best of the rest though definitely

1 Like

Lucan beat Crokes last year? Can’t be that far behind. Think it’s reasonably competitive. Looking at that old final think the standard has improved a far bit overall.

Kilmacud were heavily fancied last year, especially after the beating they gave Ballyboden early on. It was a surprise to most when Lucan beat them. Maybe a year on they might have the bit between their teeth and over turn Cuala.

I’ts good to be talking about it even if it’s 5 months away

1 Like