Dublin Senior Ladies Footballers 2021

You would imagine this year of all years panel will remain much the same. Little else to attract the girls away. No foreign travel is a major one. Also likely to be a shorter condensed season again whenever it does start.

I’d say 1/2 will be back .

Cliodhna O’Connor in as S&C coach

Sinead Goldrick to miss rest of AFLW season following surgery on torn hamstring. Looking at a possible 4-6 month lay off. Potentially Massive loss for Dublin and Fox Cab depending on layout of championships this year

2 Likes

Shame, she was performing very well over there too.

1 Like

I believe 10-12 weeks is the time frame so it’ll all depend on what way the calendar looks. Of course could be longer out or even shorter.

How strange but nice it is to see some fixture dates

2 Likes

Noticeable that there was no indication of Championship fixtures - I wonder if they plan to play club come July and then Intercounty Championship at the back end of the year like 2020?

Noelle Healy had retired . Huge loss for Dublin . I’d expect a few to follow .

1 Like

A fine footballer who will be a huge loss. She had a very good championship in 2020 so I’m surprised to see her go.

1 Like

Work I would presume a huge aspect to the decision. A fine footballer who generally performed better the bigger the occasion.

A smashing person off pitch too

4 Likes

Fantastic player has won it all from u14 up. Probably the most successful ladies player considering she has an All Ireland Club even if it was for the wrong club :frowning:

As stated by Lostcause she is a sound girl aswel. Great craic on the beer. No doubt work is the main reason and the possibility of wanting more family time aswel . Wish her all the best and hopefully she can continue with the club as she is a massive role model for young kids in the club

3 Likes

Are both parents Mayo ??

Haven’t a clue to be honest

Her Dad is anyway, have met them down in Achill, sound people

1 Like

Former kilmacud crokes and Dublin ladies minor playing cricket in Oz. Interesting piece.

3 Likes

LGFA confirm going with split season. National League followed by All Ireland series with final fixed for 5th September. Provincial Championships not forming part of All Ireland series can be run off later in the year.

3 Likes

Leinster will be a one off game v meath ?

Yea only Leinster final this year so that might try and play that off between end of league and start of All Ireland championship if they can fit it in.

Same with Connaught as it’s only Galway and Mayo at senior level.

Ulster and Munster have 4 senior teams so they will have more games to complete.

1 Like