Dublin v Wexford : Sat, Apr 23, 2022 @ 17:00 - Wexford Park (Leinster Senior Hurling Round 2)

Huge game this hopefully see a reaction to the poor performance last weekend. Wexford will be encouraged by their comeback but by all accounts, they should’ve been dead and buried by then.

Game will be live on Sky Sports Arena

Laois…

1 Like

opsie :rofl:

It’s One of them games I don’t know what to expect with Dublin

3 Likes

Can apply to most Dublin hurling games of the last decade realistically .

But fully agree with you

8 Likes

Drop the short play change the goal keeper and work on frees from the right the crokes player had a nightmare

I thought Nolan had an excellent season last year ,but he’s never been the most popular on here so lads delighted that he was dropped now finding it a case of careful what you ask for
I’ve never been a fan of dropping your keeper or swapping around it doesn’t install confidence or solidity
It’s a big call as keeper last day had a mare

3 Likes

Brennan will stay in goal

We never fear Wexford really and despite our performance last week I’d give us a chance in this if we turn up. It is a big if though and will depend on the team that lines out really. Id go with Brennan in goal, he didnt have his finest game last week…but he is a good keeper.

We’ve struggled against them in championship the last few years. A win is badly needed. After last weekend hard to see it happening though. Our bad performances are much worse than theirs.

Would be typical of us to pull out big performance after the dire show last weekend. The eternal optimist in me however is getting a kicking from my natural Dublin hurling pessimism!! Wexford win likely outcome.

3 Likes

Dublin by 5

2 Likes

Zero expectations going in against a team that went well in the league, Waterford game aside and coming off an unlikely comeback last week

Think we’ll lose by 5/6 points unfortunately

1 Like

Well, hopefully, last week is the kick-up the hole we need to get up to championship speed and we go back to playing the ball into forwards in good positions rather than tricky/low % pot shots. Every time we get into the habit of overdoing the pot shots the wides mount up.

1 Like

Dont think able to make it down to Wexford this Saturday unfortunately but hoping to get out to watch it somewhere in town.
Amyone have suggestions of where it will likely be on and not subjected to Premier league (or even worse rugby union!).
Couple of places that came to mind for me might be Tommy O’Garas in stoneybatter and Ryans on camden st (more thinking the limerick waterford game be definitely on there afterwards!)

The Camden will put any game you want on , they’ve loads of screens and will accommodate you , don’t rely on commentary though

2 Likes

Devitts Camden St if you are around there will have it on I’d be fairly sure

2 Likes

Peadar Browns Clanbrassil st show all Dublin games over the foreign sports :smile: unless Celtic are on!

4 Likes

I’m going down to this. (My psychiatrist is on standby!) Will send yiz any necessary info re match! (P.S.Mattie out!)

4 Likes

Match forecast is for sunny weather, about 13-14 degrees and a strong NE wind. Maybe the wind will correct our long distance shooting?

4 Likes