English Championship 2020/21

The booing?

Tony Pulus sacked as Sheffield Wednesday manager after 10 games in charge.

The tried & trusted Watford method, just keep sacking till you get enough of a jolt to avoid relegation. Heard on Sky the other day Troy Deeney has played under 12 “permanent” managers at Watford, they didn’t include caretakers.

I remember in the late 80’s hearing West Ham & Celtic had 5 managers in their history I think there were several clubs like that, them days are long gone

Big Mick apparently going to become manager at Cardiff City.

Brentford now unbeaten in 20 league games, up to 2nd spot with a game in hand on leaders Norwich. Summer signing, Ivan Toney, now has 22 league goals this term.

They’re on fire, absolutely thrashing teams. Fair play to them, really hope they make it this time

Another massive win tonight for Brentford. A draw (away at promotion rivals Reading) would have seen them top the table. But they came from a goal down to win 1-3. Another goal for summer signing and the division’s leading scorer, Ivan Toney. Two assists for Toney also now sees him top the assists number for the league. Brentford are now on a 21 game unbeaten run in the league.

1 Like

Need to make sure they finish top 2. Playoffs are a complete lottery as we saw last year with them

3 Likes

Only said to a pal earlier if the bees go up Ivan Toney will turn out to be a snip, they haven’t even missed Ollie Watkins

1 Like

Absolutely kicking myself I didn’t back Brentford for promotion, talking to my son we both seriously rate them as an out fit plus decent manager , they always at some stage of the season go on a run , hope it works for them this season but if it’s play offs could be heartache again , I just know when it was unsure last year if Leeds would go up Brentford were the team I feared most if we were to meet them in play offs

They have a fantastic recruitment policy.
I would love to see them get promoted and give the PL a right shake-up, especially at the West London brigade of Chelsea and Fulham.

1 Like

yes seems to be a well run club. £60m for Watkins & Benramha and spent £5 on replacement. :+1:

Seen a piece done on it and it quite open n honest buy young with talent , develop sell big n repeat, however that’s all well n good but you have to keep a good squad/spine of a team on board or it all unravels , I’d love to see them get their day in the sun and hopefully not be a yo yo club

They have been progressing with this policy, however. Got promoted from League 1 in, I think, 2014. Each season has seen a gradual improvement, more or less. Just missed out on both automatic promotion and play-off promotion last season. Promotion last season may have been a season too soon though with the lack of quality in the bottom 5 or 6 PL clubs this season, that theory could be questioned.

Disastrous result for Brentford. But this being the Championship there’ll be alot of twists and turns yet. Doesn’t bode well though.

1 Like

Yeah. Risking a choker’s tag.
Next performance and result will be critical.

1 Like

And their next game is a West London derby at QPR who themselves are on a good run.

Yes it’s a real 6-pointer derby, if there’s a winner the loser could well be either missing out on auto promo or back in big relegation trouble

Brentford - new ground with a measly 17k capacity. They would add nothing to the PL and there’s 6 London teams there already.

Cut the Premier League to 16 teams and have no relegation.

1 Like