Euro 2024

Germany named as hosts

Great to see a common sense decision in football every now and again.

If it was up to me Ze Germans would always host the major tournaments

Euro 88. Should’ve been Liam Brady’s great swansong but St Jack couldn’t stand the fact that he didn’t fit the process(and that he was as popular as him and much more than any other player).
Oh, and he “couldn’t take the risk” on his fitness. Hmmmmmm…

He was also banned for the 1st two games in fairness

Thought was just the first game? Dirty git. Never liked him anyway! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Wait a minute, hadn’t StJ already left him out before he got sent off in that last game?

Don’t know about that but seems he was injured any way

Liam Brady, despite being Ireland’s best player had been omitted from the Irish squad for the tournament due to a cruciate ligament injury as well as a suspension. He played in all of Ireland’s qualifying games but missed out on the chance to show his ability on the big stage as he’d done with Arsenal and Juventus. It didn’t stop him turning up to the team hotel that night in Stuttgart and leading the sign along with his team mates though.

Also this is another great bit from the article :grin:

Legend has it that the then FAI President Fran Fields, since sadly departed, allegedly told Mayor Rommel of Stuttgart that “tonight we have done what your grandfather failed to do and beaten the English.”

Ramos has 171 caps!! Can’t stand him but that’s some going.

Hungary’s opening goal tonight was a score of much beauty.

1 Like

The amount of roaring and play acting by the Italians is so clear with no crowd there. Ref falling for it all the time.

Some hiding for the occupied 6

Haaland is turning into some player, he’s some finisher!!

4 Likes

One of the sweetest strikers of a ball I’ve ever seen.

Norwegians will beat whomever they meet in the Euro 2020 playoffs. If they win their semi it’s Scotland or the Israelis in Oslo

They should with the amount of talent coming up over the last few years. They did lose to Austria in their previous Nations League Match though. Serbia at home in their play-off semifinal.

That Haaland guy will get a move away from Norway soon with finishing like that.

Did you see Faroe Islands stunning free kick winner vs Malta from Brandur Hendriksen. Right up there with than Szobszlai rocket from Hungary.

I’d say that made the Maltese cross.

1 Like

I thought he was Norwegian?

1 Like

I’m aware that we had Glenn “Fleetwood Town” Whelan starting in midfield in the last 12 months…

But how awful is that England midfield? Phillips, Rice, Dier , Grealish, Mount. Henderson the only one you’d be happy with

Their run to the WC semis has papered over some major cracks in English football.

World class front three in Sterling, Kane, Sancho is pointless when you’ve that dirt in midfield

Grealish has made the team? Thought he was going to drink away his career. mind you, last time i saw him play he looked useful enough, certainly better then anything we have currently.