GAA Rounders

Anyone interested in GAA Rounders? There’s a few Dublin clubs competing in the All-Ireland. Limekiln are in the senior men’s, women’s and mixed. Na Fianna and Kevins competing in the intermediate mixed and Little Lambs in the intermediate ladies. Also plans to start a social league in Dublin.

1 Like

Could be a huge social sport imho

1 Like

Agree with that. I played baseball over here for a few years. Youd be surprised by the level of interest in it on a national level competing wise. Caters for all shapes and sizes, hence the second sentence of my post :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Definitely. However a lot of people don’t even realise it’s an organised sport. Has the potential of an event similar to the summer tag rugby. Maybe a ReservoirDubs Social Rounders team is in order and then expert contributors could pile in with analysis and online inuendo and rumours LOL

1 Like

Limekiln Ladies and Mixed teams lost to Erne Eagles of Cavan on the weekend. Kevins drew with Seán Connolly’s of Longford. Na Fianna and Little Lambs are down to play this weekend coming against Ballinagore of Westmeath and Na Piarsaigh of Limerick.

I see Trinity Gaels doing underage Rounders as well. Any other clubs?

1 Like

Na Fianna are doing underage rounders as well.

Can put you in touch if you want?

1 Like

Thanks. I have a contact for Na Fianna :+1:

1 Like

Limekiln men’s and mixed teams won over the weekend and their ladies drew in the senior competition. All against Adamstown of Wexford. Their men’s team play The Heath of Laois and if they win they should quLify for All-Ireland semis.

The Little Lambs from Templeogue lost their opening game against Athenry in the Intermediate ladies. Kevin’s and Na Fianna battling for a semi final place in the Intermediate mixed but they have the the 2 strongest teams in their group so they’ll be doing well to qualify.

There’s plans for a Dublin Social League next yr. St Finnians of Swords are advertising social rounders so anothe new club should be up and running in 2021.