Gaeltacht All Ireland C'ships Leitir Mhoir

I’m watching the semis on TG4. It sure has come on big time since I played in 1982 & 83.
Back then a few of my cohorts and I were drawn to the idea of participation when we found out it was £12.50 a head B&B and Evening Dinner Fri , Sat, Sun and Monday. Properly subsidised.
The entire area of Connemara had a bar extension until 1.30 am for the weekend.
We had some smooth operators(R.I.P.) in our midst then. Forms were signed. Commitments were made by players and we were accepted and we were off to Indreabhan. First game at 11.00 am Sat. morning v Aran Islands which we graciously lost thus ending our participation in the tournament. This outcome gave us ample time to pursue less strenuous activities. Some craic that weekend. Brilliant even.
The present standard of football and facilities are lot better than then too. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Anyway extra time in the second semi Naomh Anna Leitir Mhoir 2-10 Naomh Conaill Finntown Tir Conaill 3-7.

6 Likes

Is that senior football?

Right now Yes. Back then we were in the Junior.

Think they’ve Senior, Inter & Junior. Na Gael Óga had a team entered.

1 Like

What the gaa is all about really

2 Likes

One of the best weekends I ever had was the comórtas peil i mBaile Bhuirne. A great occasion.

2 Likes

Great town, spent many a summer down there.

1 Like

Anthony Thompson and Dermot Brick Molloy playing for Naomh Conaill. Final on now.

Great win by ballingeary , first time ever

Can’t believe the ohmster isn’t all over this.

He’s writing/plagiarizing his report as we speak.

Senior and junior

1 Like