General World Cup Thread 2022

:rofl:

I think you’ll find they knew exactly what they were doing.

When that chap in the chainmail said ‘We are football’, how is it no one gave him a good boot?

1 Like

Honestly doubt it. Crusaders were the good guys (like all English invaders) as far as they’d be concerned. Those two show up at pretty much every England WC game dressed like that.

Lion-hearted

1 Like

The irony being that the crusade led by Richard the Lionheart was an abject failure.

Other than that most crusaders were French and German. Very few English went on any of the crusades.

4 Likes

Lad from church st went did nt he .Buried in St Michans there. Knight of the Templar .

2 Likes

Video of distraught fan doesn’t look the best. Bit of play acting. Terrible situation in iran. Players obviously threatened by regime there.

Iranian security forces have arrested footballer Voria Ghafouri - capped 28 times for Iran- on the grounds of having “tarnished the reputation of the national team and spread propaganda against the state." He has vocally supported protests.
Very sad and no doubt the IR be waiting off the plane for the team.

3 Likes

Will they defect?

Mick Wallace on the side of the dictators of Iran. I think he should do us all a favour and move there.

2 Likes

Don’t even get me started on that ****head. He can go do one along with that Gemma Dose.

Security removing the Masha Amini Jersey from the woman in the stands too😡

2 Likes

China still be in lockdown in 10’years at the rate their goin

2 Likes

Maybe a little biased from time spent there but a joint South East Asia ( singapore / Malaysia / Thailand / Vietnam ) would be a super location and some fun for the fans …

Horrific weather for football in the summer.

1 Like

Yeah that’s a point but it doesn’t get to stupid levels of Qatar so it’s doable …. They probably would need to build several of the stadiums so roofs and air con are an option ( singapore has such )

Guess all locations have +- … my thought was more on how great a location SEA would be … Locals are generally football mad so would make the occasion also

WC should be in countries that has a football history. And one where you don’t need to build new stadiums that post tournament won’t be required. And one where fans can attend without breaking the bank or fear being arrested by miserable fucks like the Qatar police.

4 Likes

Just hold it in Germany all the time. Great stadiums that are in use before and after and excellent transport infrastructure (also and just as important great beer)

2 Likes