Get It Off Your Chest

Sounds more like a ‘Friends with Benefits’ arrangement than a Boyfriend/Girlfriend situation to be honest.

Although I would love to see some of the pictures the wife would send to express “Where the fcuk are ye?” if she didn’t have my mobile number! :grinning:

1 Like

A younger friend of mine told me his GF uses Snapchat to keep track of him

My nephew is the same, he was in the states for the summer and had to get a new phone over there, he didn’t get it unlocked so can’t use an Irish sim card but isn’t bothered, he just uses snapchat, messenger and Insta for chatting or whatever, but he also needs wifi to do that. We were in Madrid for the champions league final together and my phone was nicked. Some pain in the hoop trying to find wifi so I could let the misses know we were still alive!

This is the same niece who made him a medium rare chicken fillet for dinner one night because thats how he likes his steaks

5 Likes

Yes I am a married man… how did ya guess?

1 Like

On a more humorous note , collected a dog from Dogs trust three weeks ago , after four visits , photographs of my back garden , 20 min questionnaire, all members of family visiting to meet new dog . registering with a vet and buying of a dog licence , finally arrive to collect only to go through one hour power point presentation with dog adoption officer .
Then we were allowed the dog
I turned to my wife as we exited the car park and said " all I had to do to collect you and the two boys from the Rotunda was pay the parking meter"

19 Likes

its good in a way the hoops they make you jump through though to weed out people who aren’t sure about owning a dog and more importantly the c*nts who use them as bait

1 Like

Speaking to my lads I mentioned the Kipling quote
"If you can meet success and failure and treat them both as impostors, then you are a balanced man, my son.”
Tomorrow we will be on either cloud 16 or knee deep in tears ,success or failure we are probably saying goodbye to some great players that almost feel like family , regardless in the emotion of it all I hope they get the send off their dedication deserves, we may never get the chance to thanks again

4 Likes

No issue whatsoever, they are called dogs trust and their existence is to ensure not just that dogs get a good home but get the right home.
The stories I heard while trying to get our dog where anything from sad to horrific

1 Like

If you search for long lasting and marriage together ‘long suffering’ comes up.

I hope, for the dog’s sake, that Dublin win tomorrow.

We went to dogs trust when we were looking for a dog, and all that shite put us off. Just went and bought off a lad in Edenmore through donedeal in the end (@beeko??)

Side note, sorry I ever bothered. Ended up costing me a grand to get the bitch over here to Spain

Jaysus no need to bring your missus into it…

1 Like

Your joking, she cost a lot more than that!! I’m like a human ATM to her

1 Like

Whats the difference between your flute and your xmass bonus , she will blow your xmass bonus

4 Likes

I went to Dogs trust …was put off by the whole thing…DSPCA up the Dublin mountains much better and easier to deal with…
have the dog fours years delighted with him…

I asked the dog, he said it was 28 years…

3 Likes

Dogs Trust claim they don’t have a policy of putting dogs down . I was told recently they out source that gruesome task to Ashtown Kennels who have a few groups after them trying to shut the place down . The stories I’ve heard about the place are horrendous .

There is a charity called dogs aid, out behind ballymun, run by a woman called Maggie. They don’t put down their animals.

1 Like

IHe says my company does that…he has a woof time

1 Like