Get more of it off your chest

A barking dog is the alternative? I know people who have installed “fake” alarms. Have the box and light outside but actually isn’t alarmed…more a deterrent to would be scumbags carrying out home invasions.

1 Like

One thing that really needed doing was making options, policies and incentives, beyond just free choice, to reduce the number of single user vehicles in the urban areas.

If a reliable, frequent and low cost bus service (every 5 minutes instead of every 20 minutes for example) I think it would be a no brainer for most people, if there is a viable alternative people will use it. I prefer to cycle but many would settle for a proper bus option if one was available, I don’t see any reference to ramping up public transport to use this new infrastructure.

The council are all stick and no carrot, for example the Ringsend Quality Bus Corridor has been promised for over a decade and still has made zero progress, there are many examples of this where the various state agencies need to do so much more. They don’t even talk a good game imo.

2 Likes

Tragic, and especially given Ballybunion is a relatively very safe beach. If swimming off the beach itself of course

1 Like

How’s Dublin these days for getting a taxi home? Taxis were always limited in these parts but most of the lads that were doing it seemed to have packed it in since covid. It’s impossible get a taxi home on a night out. You’d have to have a lift organised beforehand or get someone behind the bar to drop you home.

This bates Banagher! We have refugees from a war, living in tents here…amidst a housing crisis…but the price-gouging hospitality crew want more cheap labour to come here …preferably from outside the EU…I wonder why? Could they not just pay decent wages?

1 Like

It would nt occur to them that maybe in Dublin at least we have too many cafes / coffee shops ! Every 2nd premises is some type of eatery/ food place. He s probably talking more about chefs I know.

2 Likes

To Claremorris? Be a pricey one that. Bus to Castlebar be your best bet?

Ill do it for 50, plus Diesel

Claremorris to home…about 13km. Cheap if you have a full car or mini van but pricey if your on your own.

1 Like

Theres parts of Dublin where could cost you 80e to get a cab from City Centre. Says it all.

1 Like

Flight to UK or Europe be cheaper.

1 Like

“I see my whole family as being human, and I love and accept them for all their humanness," she told the publication. “Because of the position that we’re in, our humanness sometimes isn’t accepted, and we’re expected to act in a way that isn’t conducive to a healthy human life and isn’t conducive to being honest.”

Will Smith’s daughter seems to think that their privileged position means they can kick the shit out of people when they’re upset.

That whole fucking family needs to be cancelled.

1 Like

BBC News - Amanda Todd: Dutch man convicted of sexually extorting teenager

He got 11 years. The little girl is dead. She got a death sentence from him. He has done this to countless kids. He got leniency.

1 Like

He should never see the light of day again

2 Likes

Should be put down. Tax payers shouldn’t have to pay to keep him fed for the rest of his life.

There are some sick bastards out there…

2 Likes

Whoever did that needs the hiding of a lifetime.

2 Likes

Twitter is where the internet goes to take a shit

1 Like

A random attack supposedly

Was only a matter of time before something like this happend. Sad thing is even if the scrotes are caught ■■■■ all will probably happen

2 Likes