Get more of it off your chest

Jaysus lads, all this coverage of Dublin I’m seeing is shocking in the last few weeks, is the place really gone that bad? I was talking to the mother yesterday and she was saying that where she lives has got really dangerous to go out at night, she is starting to think about selling up things have got that bad.

As for people saying they are bored, they should go out and get a job, can you imagine having these scrotes working in a restaurant kitchen? There would be fookin murder and sure why would they work? They lose their dole, rent allowance, single parents allowance, medical card etc etc and all the other benefits they get. Say minimum wage is now 11.30 an hour, 39 hours, 440 per week, take home around 400 after tax, if they work 39 hours. Dole is 208, plus all the other benefits. Doesn’t make sense, and thats why over all the years our kitchen staff on minimum wage were all eastern European and brilliant workers too, no moaning, no entitlements, no break every 1hr 45 mins etc etc

2 Likes

Rates are better at LOI games

Dublin City centre is one of the biggest kips in Western Europe unfortunately post covid

its rancid. Piss, shite and rubbish everywhere. I witnessed a man sitting on the ground outside Spar on O’Connell Street shouting, cursing and screaming at everyone that walked by. he looked feral. Nobody batted an eyelid. Everyone kept walking. Fucking mental. Not a Garda in sight.

2 Likes

Tents on the streets … area around the abbey theatre like something out of Calais

We really should be ashamed of it. But we aren’t though.

1 Like

There’s no sense in it. The dole should be a sliding scale. In the current economic climate no one should be on it that long.

1 Like

Calais? You mean fugees?

Really is bad and it’s not just a few here having a whinge

A kip

1 Like

Shithole. Absolute shithole. Its embarrassing really, feet stick to the kerbs there’s that much dirt on it. All that seems to be in Dublin City Centre at the moment is junkies, Romanies, Beggars, Homeless… a few tourists, unusually a lot of Brazilian Language students (don’t know what they think of the place). Ad hoc tents. Dirt and your friends the Seagulls.

2 Likes

Here in Spain, you can only get it if you are let go, not if you decide the job is not for you, and I think it reduces after 6 months, 9 months and a year down to pretty much nothing. But sure that would be taking away little Johnnie’s human rites in Ireland, or they would just figure out another way around it as they do already. I suppose it is also abused here aswell, most service industries will only give a 9 month contracts, to protect themselves, and gives the employee very little rites, like redundancy etc, so what they do is, hire staff for 9 months, let them go for 3, where they sign on for the same money for the 3 months and then take them back on for another 9 months

3 Likes

Should be the exact same here. You quit then good luck to you.

what if you quit be because you work for a horrible ■■■■ and they are making your life hell?

Can happen in any industry though

Well in Ireland, all little Johnnie would have to do is download a form off the internet for harassment in the workplace and he would get a good few weeks wages to keep him going anyway!
I am not sure if they have that here, but I very much doubt it, same as claims, I heard they generally take around 12 years to actually make it to court and then get thrown out, proper order too, watch where your fooking going! And thats coming from me who’s mother slipped on one of the main streets here and cracked a bone in her leg, she would have got 100K in Ireland!

Most people would (should) spend the time making sure they had another job lined up first.

1 Like

The Fallow bar in Dublin Airport T2, even worse than its predecessor (The Slaney) though I didn’t think that that would be actually possible.
Table service only (Why???). Remote mobile ordering not working.
Food overpriced.
Pint of Guinness not bad, though, to be fair.

3 Likes

Bottom line is most of them get “work” in local community not to have to actually work (in adolescence). That is until they get out of prison and find it very difficult to get in to actual workforce. But they’ll no doubt get by on the scratch and with a few bob here and there from their deeds.

Edit: I see @Harper got there 1st.

1 Like

Nice man if you knew him well

1 Like

You know what…your better off being an absolute thug and having multiple convictions. I know a lad who got jailed for drunk driving (rightly so). I think he was 8 times over the limit. No previous convictions. But I bet if he was an absolute thug with 50 previous he’d be out…

1 Like

That was exactly my experience couple of weeks ago , app not working , not allowed queue , joke

1 Like

Astonishing arrogance

3 Likes