Golf 2021

Doubtful he’ll qualify anyway. He’s relied on a captains pick the last two times IIRC

1 Like

Living off previous years , long time since he performed in a RC , but still feels entitled

Absolute cheek to disrespect one of the world’s great sporting events. I read somewhere that the Ryder Cup can be seen from the moon when it is hosted in the US.

Comes across as a decent well grounded skin our Seamus
On a different note caught a bit of a doc called Roots featuring Shane Lowry on SKY golf at the weekend , another sound lad

1 Like

Lowry Harrington and Power all in contention going into last day , SL joint leader , good to see as didn’t exactly pull up any trees in match play last week

Lowry 1 clear of the field after 5. Someone wake Damo

Edit: bogeys the next, Perez takes the lead

1 Like

Lowry turned in to me a few minutes ago. Found the water off the tee I think on 15. 3rd shot duffed it straight back in again. A ground swally me up moment. Perez with an unreal 2nd from the bunker on 17 to surely win it. He’s a fine player.

Lowry is T20 on +3 after 16 holes and -10 overall - 9 shots off the lead. And he was leading 11 holes ago???

Yeah hes had a nightmare. Took 7 on that aforementioned hole

Perez bogies the last but has it wrapped up. Could/should have been a playoff. Soderberg with a horrendous wedge from 85 yards out to do for him. A 20+ handicapper wouldnt have hit as bad a shot.

Paddy still has something in the tank anyway. Finishes 4th

Shane needs to work on the meltdowns. He is prone to a shocker when in the mix.

1 Like

Missed it all , bit of a heavy night , couldn’t believe the scoreboard when I woke up , Jesus Shane wtf
Respect to Harrington

Caught a good bit of last nights final round , congrats to JR , On a seperate note these early tournaments are just downright boring , 20 odd players shooting 20 under par ,much prefer the golf further into the season when playing courses with a bit more teeth
That said its the schedule and its the same every year , i should just get used to it

Top 10 finish for Leona but way off the pace

Playing golf in a desert. Zero wind really means zero test for these players. They just bomb it everytime.

And bar the traps they put in the rough is non existent.

1 Like

Reed is an aboslute knob

1 Like

Yes. Luckily Rory isn’t.

1 Like

Personally don’t think Rory is a knob , he was certainly getting there earlier in his career and a few of his inter were car crash cringe. Definitely has grown up last couple of years and tends to talk a lot of sense nowadays , I always pull for a Lowry and Harrington first but I’d love to see Rory win the Masters

4 Likes

See Rory McLlroy says he didn’t shake Reeds hand yesterday on account of ( see below )

I was subpoenaed by his lawyer on Christmas Eve," said the Northern Irishman, who has been called as a witness in Reed’s defamation case against the PGA Tour among others.

"So, trying to have a nice time with my family and someone shows up on your doorstep and delivers that, you’re not going to take that well.

“I’m living in reality, I don’t know where he’s living. If I were in his shoes, I wouldn’t expect a hello or a handshake.”

1 Like

Nice dig at him here too

“So I didn’t see a tee coming my direction at all, but apparently that’s what happened. And if roles were reversed and I’d have thrown that tee at him, I’d be expecting a lawsuit.”

1 Like

Storm in a tee cup.

1 Like