Good Music / Guilty Pleasure Thread

I was looking for a job, and I found a job. Heaven knows I’m miserable now-how-owwww

1 Like
3 Likes

From memory ‘red wine that punctures the skin’ I think.
Still have the cassette.
Fair lit and brilliant.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Chune

3 x tracks from 80/81 with some similarities.
New York vibes and burgeoning hip hop rap disco mix etc make an appearance.

Also a bonus piece of trivia for the connoisseur - the apartment block in the Stones’ video also featured on a well known album cover of another English rock combo.

And finally a 4th bonus track from even earlier- '78. The Stones may have been getting there first with the disco influenced NY vibe Miss You.

1 Like

Led Zep …

1 Like

Holy Moly, their previous album was a huge causeway.

Physical Graffiti

Three songs from about 200 years ago.
No connection I can think of but all very much of their time, and for me timeless.
The Marmalade and Lindisfarne and the peerless DMcWilliams.

2 Likes

gang of us going to see Madness on Saturday. really looking forward to it. been a long time since i was at a gig

4 Likes

I only saw Madness once. Back in the mid '80’s at the Paradise Club (capacity 950) in Boston.
We are all a lot older now.

1 Like

I saw them at Féile in 1993 I think . They were jarred from what I could gather but a good time was had by all.

1 Like

I think I was at that Féile too. And I was definitely jarred!

1 Like

They were hammered. Chris de Burgh went on way longer than he was supposed to and the lads all got plastered backstage. They were great all the same!

2 Likes

I think that Chris was trying to get ‘Patricia’ to put her top back on!

2 Likes

Yeah 45 years too long

8 Likes

res dubs - we hold our heads in our hands and the weight of the world on our shoulders