Good Music / Guilty Pleasure Thread

And wear your dreams for they’re all that will fit you.

1 Like

for all our country cousins on receiving the killer news that Paul and Jack are back.

1 Like

This lot released 1 double album. Brilliant it was too

Another of the last of the mid 20th century jazz greats gone from us - Pharoah Sanders.
Played a big role in one of the best albums of modern music I’ve had the pleasure of listening to, his 2021 Sam Shepherd Floating Points collaboration ‘Promises’, which I posted about here a couple of months ago.

I was at The Stranglers last night, but I was :open_mouth: when someone said to me “I was very disappointed to hear Hugh Cornwell will not be singing tonight” I said I’m confused by your surprise as Hugh left the band 32 yrs. ago, what made you think he was playing tonight. Weirdly he just eyeballed me for 10 secs and walked off without saying a word.

2 Likes

Similar thing when I went to see AC/DC about 10 years ago. Some weird Geordie in a cap was signing instead of Bon.

1 Like

Did the guy who asked you this bear any resemblance to a Mr. H Cornwell by any chance ?

I was at the Pavillion in Dun Laoghaire last night for Scullion and friends, Glen Hansard and poet Moya Cannon. It was a beautigul night of great music sprinkled with a few nice poems. Sonny Condell was Sonny. Philip King sounded as good as he did when he was in his 20’s and Robbie Overson’s touch on guitar was special.
The highlight of the night for me was the rendition of Eyelids in the Snow. Glen Hansard joined the band for this.( a song he had played a thousand times when busking)
Brilliant. I highly recommend the Pav for a show.

2 Likes

Was @Snowcat there?

In fairness the room was full and it would have been easy to spot those under the age of 60. If the Catman was in attendance I’m sure he enjoyed the night as much as I did.

1 Like

Sounds fab. Absolutely love that song

Sorry I missed that. Just to put the tin hat on it, Uriah Heep’s gig has been cancelled. @Wasonthehill83 is inconsolable!

2 Likes

That’s a Heep of bad news.

Do you ever listen to Philip King’s radio show, The South Wind Blows?

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

You’d be better with a band backing a tape of Ian brown when he could sing.

Always liked their stuff, very French techno sort of sound and feel about it

Indeed, I’d be a big fan of French tech / electronica…

I have to ask you if Scullion played this wonderful song ? (which will always remind me of tents and Thalkirchen in 1983)