Happy Sept 18th

21 Likes

The day of days for our generation

“Cluxton to win the All Ireland” :blush::grin::blush::grin::blush:

2 Likes

I’ll never forget it for as long as I live. Unless I develop amnesia in later life.

2 Likes

Same here. More so as we haven’t won one since.

2 Likes

Sure we didn’t win that one either @Snowcat we stole it from Donaghy, Sheehan etc as they were at pains to tell us…

happy dublin day everyone!

3 Likes

Love it :grinning:!

Have been to all the soccer WCs, Euro finals etc we qualified for. Was in Stuttgart in ‘88. Been to many of the big Ire & Leinster rugby wins but nothing and I mean nothing can match that day and the last 10 minutes.

Happy Sept 18th to one and all :joy:

2 Likes

You’ve done well so far.

Sorry … who said that?

1 Like

What are you on about?

Is that the front door or the back door?

That’s the toilet seat lid.

What a great thread.

Happy 7th aniversary ya’ll !

No 7 year itch for us, that’s for sure. :heart_eyes:

Ok so.

Get to know a Resser - The All Ireland Final Version.

Did you really think we’d win - be honest now:
Your feelings at half time:
First person you hugged at the final whistle:
First person you rang:
Who did you go to the match with:
Who do you wish you could have gone to the match with & why:
Where were your first post match libations:
Did you go over to the Burlo/Merrion Square:
Have you any AI final traditions/superstitions that you carry over from final to final:
Have you changed your underwear since:

The atmosphere really was electric that day, even comes across on that video. Hard to imagine any win ever feeling as sweet as that one did at the final whistle.

Yes - my positivity is well known here

Confident and smoking at rear of 301 - not any more thankfully

Brother

First person you rang:
Kieran Donaghy - he still hasn’t returned my call

3 brothers probably first and only time - and what a time to do it

Couldn’t say much better than above! Maybe my wee lad but he was only 6 then - he has seen 5 wins since!!

Mayo … long story

No - not mad about mixing with ordinary fans

Have you any AI final traditions/superstitions that you carry over from final to final:
Charlie Redmond was down in front of me that day - and was right in front of me two weeks ago - so I knew we’d win - well it was only Tyrone after all

Hardly - its only seven years ago.

If you don’t know the difference by now, you should stop trying.

now.

I knew we had a chance but was still up in the air whether we could do it or not

We could be in trouble here

My brother

First person you rang:
My dad

My brother

My Dad for obvious reasons

Think we went to Mulligans for a few pints

No

Not really

Yeah a few times!

Did you really think we’d win - be honest now: turned to my dad with about 15 mins to go totally dejected saying Kerry just now how to win and that you could tell it wasour first final in 16 years. Little did i know what was to come…

Your feelings at half time: thought we were in it but wasnt too hopeful

First person you hugged at the final whistle: My Dad :grinning:

First person you rang:My brother on the far side of the ground, he didnt answer and 2 minutes later he rugby tackled me from behind

Who did you go to the match with: Managed to get 7 tickets somehow - my Dad and Cousin who go to all the games with me, my brother, 2 best friends and the wife!

Who do you wish you could have gone to the match with & why: pretty much all the people i wanted to be there were bar one lad who was holiday and is a great supporter. I still abuse him over it to this day and he never booked another holiday for September since!!

Where were your first post match libations: just about everywhere but finished in Coppers, my dad nearly got thrown out by the bouncers for dancing with a mop - at 60, some man

Did you go over to the Burlo/Merrion Square: I did some singsong in the bars before and after. Think i sobered up by the follwing weekend

Have you any AI final traditions/superstitions that you carry over from final to final: NOt really other than making sure myself, Dad and Cousin are all sorted

Have you changed your underwear since: :joy: had throw them out after the last ten minutes after that excitement :droplet::droplet:

Can’t believe it’s 7 years. If ye had told me after that we’d win 5 of the next 7 I’d have said ye were mad

1 Like