Holidays 2022

Am desperate to get a bit of sun this year and get off to Spain for the first time since 2019. Looking like August. Anyone else heading anywhere. Interested in hearing if flights are heavily booked or if you are leaving it til nearer the time etc.

1 Like

Haven’t been abroad since Feb 2020, when we were in Brussels during school mid-term break, and just before Covid hit. Hope to make it to Japan this summer, as the wife hasn’t been back in 3 years. Their restrictions for incoming travellers will need to change though, as I think you currently have to ‘quaratine’ in your destination for 10 days, and can’t use public transport to get there. We would only be going for 2 or 3 weeks, so no point in going, if you can’t go anywhere for 10 days out of that.

1 Like

Portugal in August. Got a decent deal on tickets as were goin out on a Tuesday and back midweek.

1 Like

Hopefull to get to Greece in the summer , last time was 2018 seems a lifetime ago , looking to book within the next few weeks

1 Like

Still lots of uncertainty as to how things will go with variants of Covid. Just make sure you have travel insurance. Also, if hiring a car, buy excess cover for a year yourself rather than paying through the nose from the car hire company. You will still need to leave a deposit on a credit card (most won’t accept debit cards) but it won’t be touched so long as there is no damage to the car.

Number one rule of thumb take a video of the car or good quality photographs before exiting the car hire company and let them see you doing it

5 Likes

Hoping to get a week in Spain first week in September - we’re reluctant to book anything just yet but might just bite the bullet on this and take the chance

2 Likes

Just cancelled a week we had booked in San Diego for the first mid term in February - not sure if I’ll bother rebooking anything until after Easter

1 Like

Was offered a free week in Canaries end of the month. Missus can’t get time off as working in a hospital and staff shortages due to COVID-19.
Will hit Spain later in the year maybe September or October.

1 Like

Plan to get home for a few weeks at some stage once MIQ is got rid of here. And am hoping some friends and/or family come here, starting with The Goys rugger tour in July…

Myself and a couple of mates were to go biking in the Alps in summer 2019. Used the voucher from that, bit the bullet before Christmas and booked for July. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Nothing booked but Vegas…hopefully :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That’s a bit of a gamble

3 Likes

After two years of going nowhere and quiet walks in the fields, mountains etc….a sun holiday lying on a beach does not appeal to me….I was total carnage and mayhem :wink:

1 Like

Going for take 3 to Cambrils in June, went to rebook flights in August and they were 600 dearer, 2 months later and they were 50 cheaper :rofl:

2 Likes

How many can you accommodate?
#resserstournz

Two spare rooms. And two spare Goys’ jersies, the 09 Slam t-shirt with all the results and flags on the back, and the 07 WC polo, signed by the Fijian team. How could anyone turn it down? Free Haka lessons too thrown in.

Where have you been in Spain ?

Me? Little spot between San Pedro and Estepona.

Nice spot was there a few times when based in Seville