Leinster SFC Quarter Final, Dublin vs Westmeath, Portlaoise, Saturday 7th November, 2020, 6:15pm

I’d imagine this thread will be a happier place than the hurling one…

Covid-19 thread is happier than the hurling one …

18 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

What team are we looking at for this?

Cluxton

Mick F Byrne Murphy?
Small Cooper Murchan

Fenton McCarthy

Howard Kilkenny Scully
Dean Con Small

Might see Cooper drop into FB line for Murphy, McCarthy to half back, Howard to MF and Bugler into WF

This is probably the last game you could try some players out, would love to see Bugler get a full game and maybe likes of Sean McMahon a chance

I wouldn’t expect to see Cooper for a while yet. On that basis and also assuming that Mannion isn’t available I think it might be something like this:
Cluxton
Fitzsimons Byrne McDaid
Small Cian Murchan
Fenton Jamsie
Bugler Kilkenny Howard
Small Con Rock
Subs: Comerford, Murphy, Philly, McMahon, Scully, Kev, Mullins Byrne

Cluxton

Fitzsimons
Byrne
Murphy

Murchan
Small
McDaid

Fenton
McCarthy

Bugler
Kilkenny
Howard

Small
O’Callaghan
Rock

To navigate through Leinster, we play each of the next three weekends. I’m sure Dessie will be looking to play a very strong team but we shouldn’t be risking anyone who is carrying any sort of knock.

2 Likes

When you say unavailable, what exactly do you mean? Is he injured or is it something else? If injured, any idea how long he’ll be out for?

Who is Mullins?

Dara Mullin from Crokes

The only reason I have for assuming he isn’t available is the fact that he didn’t feature and wasn’t among the subs for the last 2 games. Like everyone else I’ll be hoping he’s there on Saturday

1 Like

Carrying an injury from end of club championship. No indication that he’s not involved.

2 Likes

Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

no one seems to know for sure what the story is with mannion, hopefully all is good and he’s back on the pitch soon. also good to see/hear nothin comes out from the camp and long may that continue

More likely to get leaks out of Area 51 than the Dublin football camp.

1 Like

not sure about that but there’s a few leaks in the roof in the upper cusack near the canal end

1 Like

I’ll take your word for it. I’m from Cork and we don’t get to Croke Park often anymore.

Ye wouldn’t go anyway.

8 Likes

Despite an ignominious defeat by Wh last time out on home soil and seeing them leave Donnycarney with our beloved O’Byrne Cup, I believe we can take them this time. Believe.