Leinster SFC Semi Final, Dublin vs Laois, Croke Park, Sunday 15th November @ 3:30pm

:smile:. Thanks for all of that!

Some players will have to be rested for this one. I’m thinking about Kilkenny, Con, Fenton And Cooper in particular. Whether we could chance all 4 is debatable.At least they should be taken off early all going well. Perhaps we could go with Cluxton, Philly, Byrne , Fitz., Small, Cian, McDaid, Jamsie,Howard, Scully, Costello, Bugler, Small, Mannion Rock. Early subs to include Lahiff and Murphy. I think Costello might benefit from a run on the forty. More space for him to use his pace and ball carrying ability. Would all that be just too risky. Still plenty of talent and experience there.Should be enough to account for Laois

The idea that senior intercounty players aren’t able for playing 1 game every 7 days for the space of a few weeks is mental. Especially in Leinster when the intensity of the games is way down.

There is absolutely no need to be resting anyone.

3 Likes

Yeah. Go win the game and then take them off.

Kerry were caught badly. Dont think we can afford to rest too many players.

Need to take each game as it comes. No point getting ahead of ourselves.

2 Likes

I just looked. It’s not on RTE NEWS now

It will be. Both Leinster semi finals are on the News Channel. The Connacht Football final and Munster Hurling Final will be on RTÉ 2. An Ulster semi final will be on BBC2.

Apologies … it was a little joke of mine. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Like a lot of my ideas. Then they just don’t seem so good after. Anyway where were we.

The game is not on RTE News Now.

1 Like

No but considering that post was 7 hours ago you’re 7 hours too late.

Laois won.

The Lemons will be squeezed and joyous it will be.

1 Like

Why would it be? The game is on Sunday.

Edit.

F@ck it… Just read your next post. :worried:

2 Likes

Do we think there will be any changes for this one if everyone is fit? I would like to see Mannion at this point. I think we will win this one fairly handy, but whoever comes through Meath / Kildare will probably give us our toughest Leinster game for 10 years all things considered.

1 Like

No Byrne no Howard
1 Like

Really surprising that both Howard and Byrne are no longer automatic choices. Otherwise it’s along expected lines

:rofl::rofl:

Howard will be there come the business end of things. Byrne more than likely, too.
With the greatest respect to both Westmeath and Laois, Dessie is giving some fringe players a chance to impress.

5 Likes

All well and good being there at the business end, but when you’ve played hardly any football are you really going to be at your best come semi final time?

1 Like

It’s just a bit strange that a back to back all star isn’t getting started (or named to in this case) in a season where there is no room for error and no second chances.

1 Like