Leinster SHC Quarter Final, Dublin v Laois, Saturday Oct 24th, 2020 - Croke Park, 18:00

A bit surreal to be looking forward to Leinster Championship now.

3 Likes

My thoughts are with @Wifi

1 Like

Looking at what’s happening with the national soccer team today and players being ruled out I still struggle to see inter county games going ahead.

Disagree.

Different sport.

Different levels of international travel.

Don’t see why a game next week is going to be cancelled because of something happening in an entirely different sport. Not unless something catestrophic happens in either of the Laois or Dublin squads in the next few days.

2 Likes

level 5 for every country the week before a game?

Can’t really see us going from where we are now to Level 5 in a week. Even with all the Leo vs Tony drama not withstanding.

Inter county is more important than schools or the economy!

And Comrade Wifi’s sanity pretty much trumps everything else.

2 Likes

For the moment this game and others are going ahead. Let’s discuss it as such without deciding it’s not going to go ahead. The GAA seem quite confident in getting the championship completed.

1 Like

They’re looking at testing all panels on a regular basis i see.

1 Like

Saw that last night but it was a hogan stand article. I was going to post it but I thought I might get blocked for being seen to have read one of theirs.

2 Likes

just have to find where they copied it from

1 Like

Mark Kavanagh, Man of The Match* from last year’s encounter, is rehabbing a broken hand. No word yet if someone else will be on the frees.

(*One of them. :grin:)

Fergal McGill said it on RTE news about a week ago

1 Like
1 Like

Agreed…theres loads of other threads to discuss the virus that cannot be named. It would be great if at least the match threads could be kept virus-free.

3 Likes

Trying to get back on topic.

How are we for injuries? Do we have Crummy, Moran and ODonnell for the backs?

I reckon there will be an extra bit of motivation there for players of every county this year. They’ll all be looking to try bring some joy and entertainment to the people at home. Also because it looked for a long time that this wouldn’t happen.

2 Likes

No.
We have them though . :eyes:

Suspect one of them will be playing in the Hf line.