Michael Killeen

Introduce yourself Good morning my name is Michael Killeen I am PRO of Shankill GAA Club situated in South County Dublin. The club was reformed in 2013 and we are doing very well with Adult and juvenile teams. I am trying to find out some history of our club. I notice in a post from Citeog that we we represented at the first county board meeting in 1886 is there a date or any more information on this meeting? The club became Shankill Shelmaliers and I see from another post that they contested the Dublin Senior Football Championship in 1888 losing to Metropolitans on a scoreline of 1-3 to 0-2. Could someone give me a steer on how I can do more research on the history of our club.
Many thanks
Michael Killeen

4 Likes

howaya Mick, welcome aboard!

Howya Mick.

Not quite so far back but Shankill got to the JBHC Final in 1991 only to lose to our lads (St Monica’s) in a very competitive game. Only one point in it at the end.

welcome and best of luck with the club back up and running

Welcome Mick, all the best with Shankill, remember hearing a few years back ye had reformed.
Played juvenile against Shankill back in the mid '80’s.

P.S. I’d rename the thread if I was you, some on here will be sending you all sorts of stuff :joy::joy:

1 Like

2 Likes

What year is that from, @Stato?

1 Like

Done it on his behalf, welcome @michaelkilleen

1 Like

Anything from the final that year?

What date was it played?

Late June. Might be the first GAA special in the Heddald in July.
What date was that semi final played? Was it in Parnell or O’Toole Park?

No match report. Just congrats in the club notes.

1 Like

That was as good as it ever got for Monica’s in hurling at adult level.