Minor Football Championship 2017

Dr Cullen Park. 1pm

Thank you

No bother.

They have Tipp on sat 18th and Wicklow Sat 25th.
Both home games.
Assume Parnell but not confirmed.

Carlow 1-9. Dublin 7 points. Dublin missing a lot or???

Oh my god, hopefully. Since no dual player rule, minor football has fallen off a cliff.

They’d want to be missing two full teams for that result to make sense.

From Twitter:

Dubs Minor panel played Mayo in a challenge game today. U17 panel played Carlow in league.

2 Likes

Split carlow in half!

2 Likes

How did Minors do in Mayo? any good players?

Won by 2. As per fb and Twitter.

This U17 team is the one that loses out isn’t it. They get no shot at minor really…

If you look at the results below that it’s fallen off and hurling has nothing to do with it .

The biggest best resourced football machine in the country should be able to cope with losing 3/4 players.

1 Like

The U17s are the ‘Minor’ team playing the league so they are 16 year old lads coming up against second year minors in a baptism of fire. Tipp beat them at the weekend.

In the meantime - the ‘other minor’ team are playing challenge matches down the country to prepare for the Meath opener.

They played and beat Donegal in Drumshanbo on Saturday and won by a last minute point having been up by 5 with ten mins to go.

Team is looking well and the names above are only about 50% right.

In fairness the U17 lads have been playing decent football and haven’t been played off the park but there is a difference when up against 2nd year minors also.

Will stand to them for U17 championship and there are a few lads there who might get a place on minor panel after this.

It’s a good idea from the management of both squads give them this experience as they won’t get a chance next year.

How the lads fixed for tomorrow?

The real list…

http://www.dublingaa.ie/news/dublin-minor-footballers-set-to-face-the-royals

According to Dublin manager there’s mostly first years playing tomorrow…I know Colm Coyle was managing the Meath U 17s last year…a physical team. Wonder is he with Minors this year?

Why? Are the U18 players not good enough?

Makes no sense.

Most that team are 2nd year minors. Excuses coming in already before the game even gets thrown in? As far as I know this is Coyles first real Minor group coming through.

Who is managing the minors this year?