Minor football leagues

I see the minor football leagues are still in full swing at the moment because there is double rounds this season.
Who are the runners and riders to watch this season???
Looking at the Div1 table Clontarf seem to be doing brilliant,I know very little about them. Is it expected and who are the lads to be keeping an eye on???

Clontarf and Brigids were the two main teams coming up in this age group. Would give Clontarf a decent shot in the championship. Hard to know where Brigids are at.

1 Like

Crokes look the strongest, if Clontarf and Davis have everyone fit and avail they will challenge crokes, Boden will be there aswell, mun and na fianna are good teams but arnt as strong as previous yrs, it will be a very hard championship to call tbh, Clontarf will be there abouts good solid side

Brigids were very weak at the start of the season, but have apparently got a few stronger players back. From what I have seen, clontarf will be hard beat. Ballymun have plenty up top, probably the best full forward line at this age group, but are physically weak. Mostly First year minors, next year will be much stronger. Hubby and one of the dolans looking after them. Boden are a typical boden team, big strong and rugged with a few tasty footballers thrown in.

Crokes look very strong on league form, Clontarf and Thomas Davis doing well, then a big gap, Boden have been beaten alot recently ?

Good win by Clontarf last night over Brigids.

Any other results ?

Ballyboden beat Kilmacud by 4 points 3 goals and 10 points to 3 goals and 6 points

Cheers - still tight at top of table

People say it’s all about championship and the league doesn’t matter but the double round in the league this year will certainly reward the most consistent outfits in the county. Boden won the last two u16 championships, but I’m not sure whether this will translate into minor success. For championship Brigids will be strong but haven’t won anything since féile year. Minor gets a bit messed up with dual players and county panels. For the reason that the county stuff is behind us I’d say Brigids will be in the best position with a large number of players returning to the football field.

Clontarf have certainly put in a big effort for this year’s league and have gone well over the summer where others have been inconsistent. I think Boden’s victory over Crokes during the week puts the league in Clontarf’s own hands but they play Crokes on Sunday. It’s a two horse race now and if Clontarf beat Crokes they’ll have won a minor league for the first time since 1980? when Noel McCaffrey played!!!
Davis’ have had a good league also and will likely finish 3rd.
Minor leagues are a bit unpredictable because of the county panels, leaving cert and the holidays.

Minor Football League 1 is a TOP TWO Play off to win the league. All to play for till the final whistle of the play off.

Thought league was a straight run event with no play-offs - is that a recent development of top 2 play off ?

Ballyboden beat Thomas Davis 1 goal and 14 points to 7 points

No playoffs for league, who ever top wins it

Cheers - that’s my understanding of it too !

Congrats to Clontarf winning A league

Congrats to Clontarf, the first since a young Noel McC played minor. Without doubt the most consistent outfit this year.
By and large they had all their troops available unlike other campaigns where they were beset by injuries and other commitments.
Good for the club that they have these lads coming through. Big game against Crokes in the championship coming up where they need a draw to guarantee progress at the expense of Syls.
Disappointing league year for Brigids and Boden who should have been contenders but slipped away meekly.

That Brigids team were finished a good while ago, Boden underachieved though, crokes should still win champo

Great year for Clontarf, Decent year for Thomas Davis aswell. Boden have been a massive disappointment this year. Big weekend for Clontarf and Syls in Gr1 and Thomas Davis and Olafs in Gr2 wouldn’t be surprised to see Syls get a result against Boden

MFL Div 4 Semi-Final today, St Marys 1-16, Trinity Gaels 3-8 in a very tight contest.

MFL Div 4 Final Result St Marys 1-13 Nh Maurs 0-11. Great game from both teams. Maurs forced game to extra time with a 45 to draw level at the end of normal time.

Far dues to both clubs for the last minute switch from O’Toole Park to St Annes, Bohernabreena and to St Annes for taking on the game at such short notice.