Minor Hurling Championships 2021

Looks like most the strong teams have progressed in all grades.

In the A Championship Cuala and Barróg didn’t do as well as other years. Crokes on track to make a run at 4 in a row at this grade and potentially win the A and C again in the same year as they did in 2020.

In the B Championship Castleknock and Fingallians look very strong and possibly could have been in the A. Fingallians by my records have never won a Minor Hurling Championship so would be big for them.

In the C Championship I am surprised to see Olafs in there, I thought they would at least be in the B grade. Few different second teams looking strong in this one.

2 Likes

Please move to the Club Hurling section for me if ye can

I’ve seen a few teams in the B this year for league and champ. Fingallians are the stand out along with Clontarf , Castleknock won’t be far off and TD have been progressing in champ after a poor league with the help of a few good u16 players. I think one of those 4 should win it.

1 Like

You have to be impressed with Clontarf’s underage setup of late, they are always competitive in higher grades than they traditionally played in.

Overall their Hurling setup has made incredible strides in recent years. I think they benefitted greatly from the area becoming really popular with younger families over the last 10-15years but they capitalised on that which is the main thing.

3 Likes

I’ve seen Castleknock , very solid , no weak link , couple of good fielders and they strike well from distance , no one player stood out as a star but they will be tough to beat

Who would be be the favourites for the A hurling championship ?

Agreed they were the Best team I seen in the league yes.

Crokes - beat Plunketts, Lucan and Barróg with ease

I would add Ballinteer into the mix here, beat Castleknock in the league and although lost out to Clontarf yesterday they’ll be there or there abouts too. Clontarf definite favourites though

2 Likes

Crokes have had a few very good teams in a row. I think they are possibly beatable this year though, a few other decent teams left. Whoever is going to stop them will have to stop Sean Purcell who is a top talent and a joy to watch.

3 Likes

Only seen him in last years minor final and he was outstanding,

Good to see Faughs at this level.

2 Likes

Surprised that Crokes and Lucan are matched together…… they were in the same group and played each other in round 2 …. Was it a full open draw for the knockouts?

2 pots.
Pot 1 was 3 teams that came first and best second place.
Pot 2 was 2 other second place teams and 2 best 3rd places

Boden were better placed 2nd team over Lucan due to score difference

1 Like