Munster Hurling Championship 2020

Limerick vs Clare first round this Sunday. Doubles up as league final.

Clare missing a fair few players too. Limerick comfortably in this I reckon. To win Munster out and possibly the AI. Have the strongest squad in Ireland which will be important this year.

1 Like

I would agree on all of that. Limerick my favourites for this and AI too. Slightly worse ground conditions will suit them too as they are physical.

Pauric Mahony out for Waterford with a knee injury. Big blow.

Clare team should be in it prime but unfortunately missing bodies with injuries, player burnout and lads abroad will be well beaten Sunday. Think Tipp have the strongest panel. A lot of young lads made a huge impact off bench in AI semi and final last year. They have yet to do back to back AI. Not convinced by Limerick bench. Outside of Shane Dowling not many have subs have made a impact. He will be huge loss this year. Galway could be decent this year though like their footballers can be flaky.

I would really fear for Waterford this Championship. The bad run the last few years could continue.

1 Like

Limerick team.

I have to disagree with Stato. Looking at the Limerick bench I think they are still very strong. Yes lacking the star man of Shane Downing but he would have started in any other county. I think they can deal with that loss.

Mike Casey probably won’t make it back this year and Richie English is still recovering from the cruciate. That full back line is where they could be got at and Tipp in the semi final will probably be the team to do that.

A Tipp v Limerick all Ireland final I reckon. Limerick to win by 10+ this weekend.

1 Like

Outside of Flanagan and O’Donovan have any them Limerick subs started a championship game?

Don’t think so but both Ryan and Reidy have featured. Breen is hardly lacking big game experience being from Na Piarsaigh. Same with Boylans. Conor the older one won a Fitz with UCC this year and was very good in County final. Big strong lad and has the physicality for this level.

Kiely will have a chance to give a few guys a go on Sunday because they’ll probably be comfortable winners.

Limerick by 10+

If Clare are missing Conlon and Duggan, that’s that.

Ref started the game fairly sharpish don’t think the anthem had even finished :rofl:

1 Like

And Galvin and Podge

1 Like

Tony Kelly obviously couldn’t give a boll!x who’s missing.

3 Likes

Not finding the yellow sliotar any easier to see

Same here. Although count yourself lucky as some think it’s worse!

Fergal Horgan blowing Clare goalie puckouts for going outside the square. Will this be happening in a All Ireland semi or final?

1 Like

Wouldn’t be like Duignan to be moaning about something

Kelly leading the charge completely. How is he not man marked I’m not sure.

1 Like

Clare 0-15 ; Limerick 0-15.

And Tony Kelly 0-12.

1 Like

Good to see a bit of pride back in the Clare jersey. Lohan will have them motivated.

2 Likes