MyTaxi App

Anyone use it? Have a very early flight in a couple of weeks and I’m away too long to justify leaving the car at the airport. I see you can pre book. Anyone got any experience of it? Is it reliable being the main thing!

Thanks in advance

Use it all the time going to airport Alan. Have never used the pre-booking as there’s always a cab available within max 10mins, and I’ve travelled both early and later flights.

1 Like

I wouldn’t go near it, so so unreliable, have had pre bookings cancelled 15 mins before they were supposed to pick me up.

1 Like

Jaysus. Who to go with!!

Can @dcr22B give you a lift? :joy:

That’s what I was saying Alan, I’ve never used pre-booking, it gives the driver an excuse to cancel, and it’s nothing to do with the MyTaxi App. You can also report the driver if he doesn’t turn up. By ordering the morning of your flight, you can see the drivers in the area available.

1 Like

Grand. I’ll try that. Thanks Liam.

1 Like

I’d echo what Liam says, I’ve been on plenty of early flights and always use the App but never pre book and never had a problem.

I usually order the taxi when I’m ready as the longest I’ve ever waited was 10 mins.

1 Like

Do be careful with waiting til the morning of though, don’t cut it too fine, especially early in the morning, you can get unlucky with wait times. Wouldn’t want to be relying on it in a rush.

1 Like

@alanoc I do a lot of early mornings Alan so I’ll do the run for you if you want. PM me if you’re interested.

Would echo what the lads are saying re prebooks. Have started to use it on the fly myself rather than pre-book and it hasn’t proved problematic.

Thanks. I’ll come back to you. Chance of a sibling getting up ridiculously early. Wasn’t expecting it but he said he’d likely do it. I’ll be in touch.

1 Like

Used it all the time in Cork city where it seems to be more reliable than in dublin - where if they get stuck in traffic drivers seem to cancel a lot. Used the pre-book to hail a guy the last time i was flying from dublin for an early morning flight and it worked fine - the pre-booking seems to basically call a guy 20 mins before your booked time - so he was very early but he didn’t mind waiting outside.